Drum Sequencers (LeafDrums)

Melodeath

Moonbow
Feb 6, 2004
Northern VA
I have the Natural Studio Drum Samples, and I have gotten LeafDrums 2.25 to work with the smaples. Are there any other programs I can sue to utilize these samples? Also, supposedly this LeafDrums program will stop working after 30 days. Do any of you use LeafDrums? What sequencers do you use?

I hear that usign different strengths of hits with sampled drums makes them sound more real. How do I go about doign this though? The Natural Studio kit has different hit strenghts, but where do I put the softer hits? And do I have to put them on seperate tracks?

You should be able to use the .wav samples in almost any drumsampler. Haven't used LeafDrums myself though I know may use it and love it.

You are looking for a program or plugin that supports layered samples. There are a lot of them out there but no free ones that I have found... Well, there was RMF from LinPlug that had two velocitylayers but that is not available anymore that I know of...

If your into open source software then checkout Hydrogen http://hydrogen.sourceforge.net . I still haven't had time to try it out for real but the little I have played around with it I must say it's very promissing :Spin:

An other very good software is Tracktion that should come free with the latest GuitarPlayer. It's worth $149 so it's a great deal!