Drum software and midi USB keyboard controller

Shredfiend

Sep 2, 2004
What software do you guys recommend for programming drums. I'm on a Mac Pro Using Logic Pro 8. I'll be doing a lot of Metal and progressive stuff but other styles too.

Also need to pick up a USB Keyboard controller.....any suggestions.

You can always use the Ultrabeat Drum Sampler that is in Logic if your stuck.
Not as sexy as BFD or Superior but it works fine.
My keyboard is an M-Audio Keyrig 49, quite nice. simple and cheap. i would recommend it.
keyrig49.jpg

I also have an M-Audio Trigger Finger, which i use a fair bit.
31D20KZA0ZL._SL500_AA275_.jpg

I use a M Audio O2 a simple 25 key controller with a Korg Nano Pad(which despite its small price/size kicks ass).Logic Pro 7.2.3. here.I needed mobility first, the axiom 25/49 would be my next choice.

The M-Audio Keystation 61es was the one I was kinda looking at. cool. I didn't want a whole lot of features I wouldn't end up using. Logic's complex enough, I wanted to keep it simple.

I'll have to look into the trigger finger and nano pad. I'd imagine those things would help alot for programming drums.

cheers marcus i was looking at that, figured if i write the spacey parts out and play em maybe the drummer will stop bringing his fucking violin:):heh:

Does the trigger finger really help a lot with programming drums?
I've kinda made my mind up on the keyboard, how about the drum programs.

Does the trigger finger really help a lot with programming drums?
I've kinda made my mind up on the keyboard, how about the drum programs.

I find it very useful, though honestly i dont use it as much as i thought i would when i bought it. it will be as useful as you want it to be . its great being able to tap in the "hands" part of a beat over some programmed kicks, or even just the Hi-Hat parts.

And again, you already have a simple, fully functional drum sampler in Logic. if it seems daunting, whip out the manual and i guarantee you will be up and running in a few minutes.