Drumagog 5 Problem

GMFx

Dec 11, 2009
I am trying to trigger a midi sequence which is the bassdrum to the project. I´m running it through EZ Drummer and try to trigger it with Drumagog 5 as a VST Plugin. It doesn´t really work good though. Tons of failtriggers. What could be the problem and foremostly can I somehow plug Drumagog directly to the midi sequence without using EZ Drummer as a instrument?

The best way to get Drumagog 5 and EZDrummer to work together is to use Drumagog's built-in plugin hosting. To use it, just go to Drumagog's Plugin tab, and choose EZDrummer from your list. Set the appropriate MIDI note and channel, and load the sample you want into EZDrummer.

Using regular MIDI is not a reliable way to do it, since most hosts don't support MIDI out from a plugin, and the workarounds can introduce various issues.

Thanks,
Rim

I am using Cubase 5. We tried what you suggested but it won´t work for some reason.

On the channel strip we´ve dialed in: All midi inputs out: EZ1: Ins: Drumagog 5 Midi Channel is set to 1
In drumagog plugin section we dialed in EZ drummer, midi channel 1, note C1.
When I push the button next to the scroll down menu where it sais EZ Drummer now the basic ezdrummer kit appears. when I play the kickdrum with my mouse it is triggered by Drumagog.
When I open EZ Drummer from my channel strip it´s however my DFH kit and it doesn´t react to triggering at all. I guess it´s some kind of rooting/thinking problem.

Thanks for your fast reply. I´m really hoping for another.

Maybe I'm not understanding exactly what you're trying to accomplish. Are you starting with a MIDI track, or an audio track?

If you're starting with an audio track (an audio bass drum track, for example), just insert Drumagog on that audio track. Then, inside Drumagog, open EZDrummer (using Drumagog's hosting mode).

If you're starting with a MIDI track however, you only need Drumagog OR EZDrummer (you don't need both, unless you want to blend both of their outputs).

Rim

If you're starting with a MIDI track however, you only need Drumagog OR EZDrummer (you don't need both, unless you want to blend both of their outputs).

Rim

How is that supposed to work? I can´t use Drumagog as a VST instrument can I? It´s not listed in my inputs.

I´m really starting to think the problem might be that the double bass is just too fast although EZ drummer on it´s own can handle them. Drum replacer with logic works as well. I don´t get this and it´s getting late. thanks for all your input.

It sounds like you just don't know how to set it up properly for what you are trying to do.

GMFx,

It seems your problem is your setup within plugin hosting. This will be the best way to trigger the bass drum, not through MIDI. Be sure that you have cleared out the whole kit in EZ drummer, and have only selected the kick drum to trigger in it. Then make sure you have selected the correct MIDI note in Drumagog's plugin hosting section that corresponds with the MIDI note that EZ drummer uses.

You can always email support@drumagog.com for additional support