Drumagog Latency - Please help!

AshM

Apr 30, 2009
London, UK
Hey everyone,

So I went out and bought Drumagog the other day. I have used it a few times (on Protools LE) and in advanced mode there is huuuge latency! This is quite a big problem and one I did not know about before buying. I am yet to use this on HD but will be soon, so I'm hoping this is just an LE thing...

The Protools delay reads about 3000 samples whereas inside Drumagog it says something around 72m/s. So they differ, which makes remedying the problem manually even more annoying than it already is.

Surely this can't be a problem that is unfixable??

Please help me!

Use it in simple mode (not fixed latency.)
And disable pdc (plugin delay compensation) in your DAW.

Click on where it shows latency time in drumagog and it will change to show samples, then in protools, Highlight the whole track (snare for instance) and then hit alt+h and then enter the samples of latency into the samples section menu. Your entering the amount that drumagog was showing, and select earlier (i think thats it) but your basically sliding the track back that many samples and fixes the latency. Really easy....

Hope that helps as I'm really bad at explaining things. :)

Oh and Ata and drumagog don't get along well, I usually bounce my tracks to get rid of drumagog (when I'm happy with samples and everything is triggering right) then use ata and do all my post eqing and stuff.

stupid question but are your samples not cut short enough? as in do they have a bit of quietness at the start before the signal? if they have a space of nothingness its going to sound like a latency problem and delay your triggering

Its definitely not a sample problem. I spoke to Drumagog who said -

"I would suggest toggling the latency display to samples (just click on the latency readout in Drumagog to toggle back and forth). When you bounce your Drumagog track in LE, look at the latency reading in samples, and move the track back that far in time to get it to sync with the rest of the tracks."

So pretty much what Joshua said :) bit annoying as I didn't know I'd have to do this when I bought the software.

punkinnit, I would rather not use 'live' mode as its less accurate correct me if I'm wrong..