Cubase5 Superior Drummer 2.1 and Drumagog 5 Double/Miss Triggering

Stillborn_Axe_ZA

New Metal Member
Jan 6, 2014
Hey guys,

Firstly..Whatsup, I'm a n00b to this forum.

Now that's out of the way..

I am having issues with Drumagog, retriggering my Superior Drummer track mapped with GM Map.

Now, I have programmed all the drums in separate tracks, namely, Kick on one, Snare on one, Toms on one and the Cymbals (Steven Slate Drums).

This whole issue is about kickdrum sound so here's what I did:
After separating the kick drum track, I decided that the superior drummer sound is not good enough, so I used drumagog to get a sound with more clarity, but this ended up also being a little too "Clicky", so I created another track and copied the kick track into another track which is running another instance of Steven Slate with a fuller more bassy kick sound. (This way you get the click and the thump of the two sounds in one)

Now my problem is that Drumagog (I'm still new at using drumagog) is doing weird shit to my track. Where there are supposed to be single beats, it double triggers, where there is 16th Note Double Bass at 280bpm it misses beats. So what really happens is that it ends up sounding like an Inbred Spider Human hybrid amputee playing really flammy double bass on 3 kick drums. (It's specifically bad because the Steven Slate channel is also firing with this one, accurately I might add though)

(So in essence) It just sounds terrible and inaccurate.

I have the "Transient Detail" slider all the way to the right.
Advanced Triggering
Latency at 40ms

and then I messed around with some things that didn't seem to do anything. See attached image.

Am I missing some key things? Am I being an idiot? Have I found a loophole?
Any and ALL help will be much appreciated.
Drumapoes.jpg

Duplicate the kick track and add a transient plugin that basically turns it into a split second blip of sound.
Set drumagog to live mode. Unless you have a bunch of jazzy dynamics.
Set the sensitivity to where it just touched the tops of the transients.

I don't have any Transient plugins. Where can I find it and do I add it under the main track or at the bottom in the folder where all the VST Instruments are listed, like you do with Drumagog?

Can you perhaps mail such plugins to me?

In Superior Drummer 2.1 there's a plug-in on it's built in mixer called Trans, that's a transient designer. Or you could use the Envelope Shaper plug-in in Cubase instead.

I just tested 280bpm with the standard metal machine kick and the N.Y. Avatar kick and they work fine with out a transient shaper.

Print out a seperate track of the kick drum and put drumagog over it.
Put it in Live Triggering.
Transient detail slider all the way up. Adjust the input slider until the yellow/gold transients are in the middle of the gui.
Resolution all the way to the right.
as it's playing drag down the sensitivity until it's touching the tips of the yellow/gold transients