Drummers and click tracks... do they go together?

I did try playing one of my bands tracks to a click fairly recently mind you. I actually found it a lot easier keeping time just playing to the click solo. When I last attempted to record to a click the result was a mess because I was trying to both concentrate on the beat abd ignore our guitarist whenever he went out of time.

Click tracks: Why should drummers have all the fun? Bloody guitarists get away with murder when it comes to tight playing.

No-one airdrums?

Hahaha

The amount of airdrumming i do, i could probably play to a click and iäm a guitarist :lol:

Haha yeah Im exactly the same, my legs never stay still, always doing double bass. Ive dented a few tables in my time by bashing my fingers off it at high speed! :erk:

I did try playing one of my bands tracks to a click fairly recently mind you. I actually found it a lot easier keeping time just playing to the click solo. When I last attempted to record to a click the result was a mess because I was trying to both concentrate on the beat abd ignore our guitarist whenever he went out of time.

Click tracks: Why should drummers have all the fun? Bloody guitarists get away with murder when it comes to tight playing.

:lol:

I agree with you there, while only (probably) 1 out of 20 drummers can play to a click it seems like 1 in 50 guitarists can. :erk:

:lol:

I agree with you there, while only (probably) 1 out of 20 drummers can play to a click it seems like 1 in 50 guitarists can. :erk:

Ya bastard ya! hahaha, no chance a guitarist is worse than a drummer for tight playing. If your a dedicated guitarist then you will be able to play tight. Even a most brilliant drummers ive seen always slip up when playing with a click/tight.

Ya bastard ya! hahaha, no chance a guitarist is worse than a drummer for tight playing. If your a dedicated guitarist then you will be able to play tight. Even a most brilliant drummers ive seen always slip up when playing with a click/tight.

Oh I wasn't refering to myself, I own a metronome and always play/record to a click.

Make it easier to mix too!

I wasnt referring too you either, im sure your tight as a virgin! :) Just in general, does make it a lot easier with a click as you said. No more do I have any "guess work" as I used too when I thought I could manage without a metro :( silly meh :p

I have zero tolerance for drummers who can't play to a click. I'm stoked that our drummer is totally dead-on with the click all the time, and plays with killer feel!

In this day and age, recording music without a click is an exercise in futility, and your recordings will sound less professional than the competition if you try to. A drummer's main job is to keep time - if they can't play to a click then they are worthless at their job.

That being said, I totally sympathize with anyone who is running a professional studio and needs to pay the bills by recording bands with sucky drummers. Do what you need to do to keep the cash flowing, just make sure you only put your best stuff forward in your portfolio!

In this day and age, recording music without a click is an exercise in futility, and your recordings will sound less professional than the competition if you try to.
I'm not sure someone like Vinnie Paul would agree with such a bold statement even though I mostly agree with you (when recording contemporary Metal music).

I can't remember which pantera records are recorded with a click, and how many without one.. but im pretty sure their earlier work was without a click... and from there one, a few albums had a click on it... can't check right now though.

on a related note, what is a good cheap metronome which has a 1/8" output jack?

I need something to practice my drums too

No-one airdrums?

Hahaha

The amount of airdrumming i do, i could probably play to a click and iäm a guitarist :lol:

FUCK YEA DUDE!! I learned drums by airdrumming to my ipod on the train every day, i even do it when im jogging lol

hey bob, i'm thrilled to see you trying to take your music to the next level. I have been a fan since I checked ur page out. . . best of luck!