Drumming in opeth.

CF87

Dec 15, 2003
What opeth album do you think has better drumming.

Morningrise or My Arms, Your Hearse. I prefere the drumming on morningrise personally.

Hmm. haven't really payed any attention to the drumming on those albums. I'll have to listen to them again. But I think I'd go for the drumming on Morningrise as well. :)

I'd probably have to go with Morningrise. The drumming in MAYH fits the mood, but Lopez wasn't that great of a drummer then. Nordin just does such a great job working with the bass and melodies on Morningrise. I think that's what makes "Black Rose Immortal" such a great song, IMO.

I think that Steve Irwin was a great person. Saw him on Conan 0´Brien show first, and then on his own Crocodile-show. What a wonderful person, and such a sad end to his story. Those kind of nature loving people are needed in our world today. Well nothing else to say on this thread... But Lemur Voice rules!!np: Lemur Voice - Childhood Facade [10:45m/192Kbps/44KHz]

I think that Steve Irwin was a great person. Saw him on Conan 0´Brien show first, and then on his own Crocodile-show. What a wonderful person, and such a sad end to his story. Those kind of nature loving people are needed in our world today. Well nothing else to say on this thread... But Lemur Voice rules!!np: Lemur Voice - Childhood Facade [10:45m/192Kbps/44KHz]

Wtf is that???

And I reckon Morningrise...

MAYH definitely, that shit is crazy. im a fairly new drummer (2-3yrs) and i can do a lot more stuff from morningrise. its so much more straight forward. and i also thing nordin was a little sloppy on orchid as well, specifically apostle in triumph, so im kinda jaded against nordin. lopez is a lot more unique. the drum engineering was not great on MAYH and i think that does take away from his sound

Probably MAYH, even though it's pretty weak if you compare it to Lopez' later stuff.

Technique over speed... so says Bobby.

http://www.ronjarzombek.com/maddatarace.mp3

First of, feeling > technique and speed, no doubt about it. Second, Lopez was obviously the most technical drummer of them both.

Not that I have anything against Nordin. I mean, he was a pretty decent drummer, he could play you know, but would be better of in a "pure" metal band.