Drums only - any good?

red_f0x

Dec 20, 2008
Hi guys,

Please check the drums, are there any features that I can use to enchanse the sound?

Here is the link:

https://files.getdropbox.com/u/1459728/Private_Hell/private_hell_drums.mp3

Cymbals are mostly from GSCW DRUMS Library Vol.1, china was taken from somewhere on this forum.
Kick is thebestkickonearth blended with COB kick,
Snare was taken from Groove Monkey Double Bass Mania V2 library.
Toms are Andy Sneap's property.
I tried to pan everything to achieve the most real effect.
I had hard times with reverb in Battery 2 cuz it has an option of just one reverb applied to all the set. I can adjust amount of reverb each of my items from the kit.

Anyone who has any thought on how to make things better, please share it.

Seems very distant & the snare is very "phasey". I can imagine if everything was upfront it could sound decent in a mix though.

Thanks, but what can be done to add some presence, as you have mentioned.
Snare was'nt processed at all, I've spent some time compressing it, but finally I realised it was better initially)

Im not sure, it sounds like there might be some phase issues going on somehow. Can't see any general mixing tips to bring the presence out, sounds like there may be some other issues that might need addressing before that. Hopefully somebody else will help word this better haha!

Actually I think the "distance" feeling is purely because the drum track overall is so quiet! But there is deffo something up with that snare.

Thanks, Shred. Hope somebody can advice on that snare issue.
The volume can be increased, as it is a rough draft, I'll definitely spend some time surifng the posts with volume level guides.
Anyone can advice how to make it sound like more human-ish that a midi?
I've done quantizing and set velocity as these are multi samples.

Wow, how can you hear it?) I can't hear stuff on my shitty speakers, have no monitors unfortunately.
How can it be avoided? Or just change sample? I've tried to download some in the samples thread, but most of the links are broken(
Don't you mind to share some of your brilliant samples&tricks?