Drums to Midi?

Glenn Fricker

Very Metal &Very Bad News
Mar 6, 2005
22 Acacia Avenue
Hey gang,

I've got some recorded drum tracks I'd like to turn to midi, and then run them thru DFH.

I realize, it's pretty much pointless for the overhead track, but it should work for kicks, snare & toms.

Any suggestions for a program that does this? That is, converts drum hits to midi?

Thanks,
-0z-

great plug-in in DP called Trigger.. does exactly that.. but, you have to be on a Mac and using DP to use Trigger.

i remember reading somewhere some time ago that there would be a similar plug in Logic but i can't find it anywhere, i've looked in the manual and everything, it annoys me since i can't afford drumagog or aptrigga...

t_m_h said:
Hey, do you know how I could record an audio track (kick drums) to a separate midi track (for better editing) with KTDrumTrigger?
Right now I could only do sample replacing in real time.

Don't know if I understood right.... but just record the midi track where the signal arrives.

Unicorn said:
Don't know if I understood right.... but just record the midi track where the signal arrives.

For some reason I can't get it to work with tracktion. I've read all the tutorials and have found no way to record the signal to midi track.

t_m_h said:
For some reason I can't get it to work with tracktion. I've read all the tutorials and have found no way to record the signal to midi track.

I tried it with Cubase Sx 2.
When you're hearing the sampled sound it must have arrived somewhere.
When I tried it, every time the wav was regonized I saw the midi track working and just had to press record.
Choose KTDrum on the miditrack as midi in, the vst instrument as midiout.
Choose the midichannel that is choosen in the KTDrum plugin.

Mmmm, sorry I don't know Tracktion... In Cubase it's pretty straightforward : you put in as an insert effect of your kick, snare or whatever, audio track, create a MIDI track and as "MIDI In" for this track you choose "KTDrumTrigger"...

Thanks for your help, but seems that I can't record the midi...Maybe Tracktion just don't have this kind of midi routings possible. If anyone has Tracktion and knows how to do this, your help is truly appreciated