Drums .wav files for sketching

Plendakor

Oct 30, 2010
Hey guys, while I usually compose my drums when I record, I have a hard time doing it when trying to come up with riff ideas. And well, I don't have a great .mid drums bank. I don't have any .wavs either.

So I was wondering, maybe some of you guys know a place where I can find some great drums beats, preferably well cut.. to assemble like blocks.. with infos like tempo and stuff

Would you mind sharing ? :)

You have those Toontrack midi libraries for ok price. Every EZX library comes with some midi drum patterns too. EZ drummer is really a songwriting friend so to speak.

Thanks, Ideally, I'd opt for a free solution tho, at least for the moment.

really like, some recorded .wav or something
I've found very few on YouTube

Well I've found this [link removed]
Didn't try it yet but yeah, there's a few .wav that's cool

Hey, at least this guy was being polite.

Even then, my suggestion would be to just program your own beats as you're writing. I've found, with myself at least, this helps me think about more than just one aspect of the song's instrumentation, and the song evolves while programming a beat, and tweaking a riff, then tweaking the beat and structure, etc, etc. It's a bit more time consuming, but a song shouldn't be a mad dash to the finish line anyway.

program your own beats as you're writing. I've found, with myself at least, this helps me think about more than just one aspect of the song's instrumentation, and the song evolves while programming a beat, and tweaking a riff, then tweaking the beat and structure, etc, etc. It's a bit more time consuming, but a song shouldn't be a mad dash to the finish line anyway.

swhat ive been doing the past 10 years :p

Are you sure those loops are legal Plendakor?

Those are .wav files Im not recording with them, just jamming along
The only a few loops in there

But no I'm not sure because I didn't try to find out. Do you mind if I don't care ? :)

swhat ive been doing the past 10 years :p

Those are .wav files Im not recording with them, just jamming along
The only a few loops in there

But no I'm not sure because I didn't try to find out. Do you mind if I don't care ? :)

Then why change things up for a more "static" approach?

Stealing ? Those are only a few fucking wav files and might be from someone who made them in his DAW and uploaded a little collection to jam along

take your breath, I'll post torrent links if I feel like doing so

I'm not discussing my philosophy here guys, I just asked for samples of drums ok lol

Shit, I was just curious, dude.

Stealing ? Those are only a few fucking wav files and might be from someone who made them in his DAW and uploaded a little collection to jam along

take your breath, I'll post torrent links if I feel like doing so

Annnnnnnd you're fucked. See ya!

:fu:

Dude illegal stuff is not tolerated on this forum. Edit your post and take out your torrent link, obey the rules or you will be reported

Look, man, you're on a board that is vehemently against torrents, pirating or the like. You just flat-out said that you would post torrent links. I don't think you'll be around very long, and if you are, I doubt anyone is going to take kindly to your behavior. You started out really polite, and I offered a suggestion, which was shot down. Then I asked a question, and got a nice comment that we weren't here to discuss your "philosophy."

Foot in mouth, much?