Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Yes-&-DT.jpg
http://www.mikeportnoy.com/images/Yes-&-DT.jpg

:OMG:
This would rock hard! Damn Americans, they get everything

Guys, its Yes. They may be good, but nobody is going to have them tour here, they booked a Yes tour last year and nobody bought tickets so it was cancelled.

Did it really? Well there you go. Obviously the advertising was huge :) Theres no way Yes/DT will be coming here, in fact id say that DT by themselves would do a lot better than with Yes.

Shit yeah!

I would rather DT play by themselves and do a 3 hour show rather than share the bill with another band.

Would you go to a DT show if they toured Spawn? I know you arnt the biggest fan, but you know you would see a good show

Probably not actually, I have seen them on dvd and because of the really technical stuff they play its not like the run around on stage and stuff like that :) I like Metropolis part 2 a lot, and have 3 or 4 of their other albums but they arent one of my favourite bands really. Not that they are all that bad of course, Id probably go if they covered Master Of Puppets or Number Of The Beast :)

I do because I dont think their music is all that great (its ok though) so watching them play the cds while standing there is not my idea of a great concert!

I see what Spawn is saying, and kind of agree, but with a band like Dream Theater, they are such incredible musos that just watching them play is enough. If it were say a band like Fear Factory though, I would have no desire to see them just stand there and do nothing.

I dont go to concerts to see the band running around. If I wanted that, I'd go to the zoo and look at animals and shit.

I go for the music! Opeth were fuckin awesome and they just stood there (even sat for one song). Deep Purple stand there, and they were awesome.

There are there to play music, not play soccer (even though DT engaged in a soccer match while in the middle of a gig last year... John Myung even footy tackled James LaBrie to the ground in the middle of a song as well cause Portnoy dared him to :lol:)

Why not just stick the cd on and put some DT action figures on the bench then? :)