DT and Yes Tour

I've saw Metallica twice back in January and they seemed to genuinely enjoy themselves-they ran around the stage a lot and got into some amusing shenanigans, but still played well,engaged the crowd and played a great selection of material.I went to hear the classics live,and I wasn't disappointed.Personally,I think they were worse metal abums released last year than "St.Anger".I don't like it much but at least they tried to do something new,even if really,really doesn't work anyway.I thought their sound at both shows was great (I've been to the last five Sydney BDO's,and their mix was the best I've ever heard there), and the seemed pretty damn tight at the side-show as well.

I can enjoy both "types" of live band really-a band that is hyperactive on-stage, or one that stands still, but commands your attention fully with their performance.

As for Dream Theater, I adore their entire catalogue- I just wish they'd get themselves out here for some shows!!!!!!

DT are absolutley a live band...thats why theyve been touring almost non stop for 2 years.

I mean come on...Jordan has a rotating keyboard stand!!! :headbang: how much more exciting does it get!? None more!

Spruce Goose said:
When and where did you see Dream Theater Weeto?
In America ... Springfield, Virginia to be precise.

At a little ol' club called Jaxx on the "Falling Into Infinity" tour.

Nice and intimate - about 300 people crammed into a room that was apparently only supposed to have a max of about 150. From memory James's vocals sounded a little funnt - but the band themselves played a hell of a show.

Amps all around the back of the stage - with a lava lamp on each of them :)

Working late on a friday night sucks :(