DT Character. Please help.

malicemaster

New Metal Member
Jun 27, 2006
Hi, I bought DT´s Characters album awhile ago and there is a problem I can´t solve, well here goes, when I put the CD in the computer the Autostart begins and I can chose some live clips and stuff, but how can I listen to the music on the CD?
Thanks.

MaliceMaster

:err:

which OS do you have?
I have Windows XP pro, and when i put the cd in the drive, a window appears and ask me what I want to do with the CD. Then I just have to click on play with windows media player.

Or you can rip the cd and stock the music on your computer ( with nero/ windows media player/ winamp,...)

I tried the same cd on a computer with XP and got the same results (autostart shit, and when i opened the D drive there were only the 360896707 files needed for that autostart thing). Furthermore, when i try to use the same computer to play cds like Damage done or Once (by Nightwish) (i.e. cds with videos as bonustracks) the only file on the D drive is the video. I'm a Mac user and normally would use iTunes or QuickTime to play songs and videos on my computer, but i didn't bring my computer with me to Croatia, so i'm stuck with Windows for another 40 days. Help please?

I dont know, I never had any problem on my computer... the autostart thing didnt start when I put the cd. I had this window asking me what I wanted to do with the cd, and just choose "play with windows media player". I guess the best way would be to rip the cd? I have done that with character on 3 different computers and it worked fine.

might be that character is somehow protected against piracy... but sounds really strange to me actually... anyway, it's normal that when u try and access the WHATEVER-LETTERED drive it contains no file, usually they're "hidden" somehow! but to solve it, what about using cdex tu extract wav audio so to have best quality multimedia files from the cd? that way should do.. and with cdex u can play music from the cd too.. it should work :)

This is very simple but it works for me: Just exit the autostarted video-thing, open Windows Media Player and then open drive D: on the WMP. Should start playing Character just like any other CD. Alternatively, do the same with Winamp.

And no, there's no copy-protection on it. Or at least nothing seemed to prevent me from making a backup-copy.

-Villain