DT HAVE SOME REAL CHEEZY COCK ROCK VOCALS!!!

Hi waz :wave:

Opeth will probably get more fans from supporting Dream Theater than if they toured with Tool, besides.... It's good that Portnoy and Mike are getting all friendly on this tour... I can't wait to see what they decide to make together in the future. :)

you could go and beat the shit out of the DT fans in the moshpit.

I'm not a big DT fan like I used to be (had a few realisations/grew up a bit/grew out of), but I know that many people into prog still appreciate both.

Some DT fans may even be turned to the darkside after hearing the awesome that is opeth and thus filling the void \m/

I like how people try to use album sales in this day and age in any type of argument.

Dream Theater does suck balls. At least we get to get in and out at Prog Nation!

HAHAHAHA
Although Opeth is my favorite band, dream theater is a close second and have definitely earned their right to headline the PN tour.

I can´t understand why so much opeth fans hate dream theater that much.
Im a huge Dream theater fan ( Opeth is my absolute favorite band )... I was to a lot of DT shows in the past and each of them kicked ass... DT live is a totally different experience as listening to their records... hard to describe.
What I want to say is that dream theater are directly connected to the term prog metal. this is the band which opened the door for that genre in the late 80s / early 90s... And if you were musicians you couldnt even dare to say such things about dt. Each of them is a god at his instrument... And if you would listen to them seriously and get into their sound you wouldnt call them wankers. Theres so much feeling in their music... listen to Metropolis part 2 scenes from a memory ( or watch the live dvd of this album) and you´ll see what I mean...

Why are the mighty OPETH allowing dt to headline over them???What's next an OPETH tour with symphoney x headlining???

OPETH need to be touring with better bands or bands that are more "in league" with extreme metal like: MorbidAngel,Testament,High on Fire,the Sword,Enslaved,CelticFrost,KingDiamond etc!!!

I'd have to say... the "only" way such an impressive band as OPETH should ever "not" headline would be if they toured with JudasPriest,IronMaiden,Tool or {even}Metallica.

OPETH rank much higher than dt in the metal community.

I'm guessing this is a joke...

If not, you are horribly misinformed, stupid, or all of the above. Opeth have been profoundly influenced by Dream Theater, and Mikael has admitted it many times. Taking a shit on a 20+ year old band that has laid the foundation work for modern progressive music (including Opeth) is a ballsy thing to do. I'm not a huge DT fan by any means but I respect them and I realize that Opeth can do what ever the fuck they want and me whining about it on thier forum isn't going to do anything.

Haha yeah. Think how ridiculous it would be to have a forum where we could exchange ideas and opinions!

Don't pull that card with me. I'm always up for a discussion of any sort. If you've seen some of my posts you'd know that.

PIGIRON's posts, however, are plain idiotic. I'd say a good 80% of them are about how much he hates Dream Theater.

Besides, all I did was offer my opinion on his, which makes your post riddled with all sorts of irony, no? He can say whatever he wants, but so can I. I'm not going to stop him, but I'll call him out.

For the record, I'm not that diehard a fan of Dream Theater. I enjoy only a couple of their albums.

I like Dream Theater. I'm not saying anyone else has to like them, they do have some extremely cheesy moments, but what band doesn't? And don't say Opeth, because they do too. But I love Opeth and Dream Theater. Opeth is better for sure, but Dream Theater is not bad. They're all phenomenal musicians and they write some pretty cool shit. If you don't like Dream Theater that's your opinion, but they're not a terrible band

I dunno man Devin Townsend is pretty sweet...

Nah, I like Dream Theater though. I mean they're definitely not my favorite band and I'd much rather see an Opeth headline show, but I think it will be decent exposure and put yourself in Mike's shoes!!! If DT invited you to tour wouldn't you do it?!

OPETH need to be touring with better bands or bands that are more "in league" with extreme metal like: MorbidAngel,Testament,High on Fire,the Sword,Enslaved,CelticFrost,KingDiamond etc!!!

I can´t understand why so much opeth fans hate dream theater that much.
Im a huge Dream theater fan ( Opeth is my absolute favorite band )... I was to a lot of DT shows in the past and each of them kicked ass... DT live is a totally different experience as listening to their records... hard to describe.
What I want to say is that dream theater are directly connected to the term prog metal. this is the band which opened the door for that genre in the late 80s / early 90s... And if you were musicians you couldnt even dare to say such things about dt. Each of them is a god at his instrument... And if you would listen to them seriously and get into their sound you wouldnt call them wankers. Theres so much feeling in their music... listen to Metropolis part 2 scenes from a memory ( or watch the live dvd of this album) and you´ll see what I mean...

Yeah, well, I used to be a big fan of DT. What got me into them was definetly their musicianship, indeed each of them is incredibly skilled with his instrument. But later I found out about good songwriting, and good vocals. Looking back, I am ashamed that I once thought James Labrie was a good vocalist.

I really like DT, especially their older stuff. Opeth is without a doubt my favorite band but I love each musician in the band except Labrie. Lately I've been listening to Liquid Tension more anyways.