DT HAVE SOME REAL CHEEZY COCK ROCK VOCALS!!!

well considering awake was their only good album i'll go ahead and make it an obvious point that opeth is indeed better than dream theatre, but then again stating the obvious becomes pointless when it comes to opinions

The exploding head is from a great horror movie Scanners. Out of the 7 times I've seen them, I think they performed Karma once.

Those bands all play the exact same venues that Opeth plays when they headline in the US - touring with them is not going to grow their fanbase any. Also, Tom G. just quit Celtic Frost so until he and Martin Ain kiss and make up, you can forget about any Opeth/Frosties twin bills. :Smug:

Oh no, gay news. Monotheist was so excellent and i was expecting a lot more from them. Really really gay :cry: :cry:

Every concert where Opeth is playing will be epic, regardless of which band is accompanying them (headlining or not). An open mind is everything you need for enjoying such a musical experience....Dont bash DT so much, those guys are extremely good musicians......

CU

M

It's obvious that you guys are young, and don't know too much about musicianship to make uneducated remarks as these. Nu metal? ummm...ok. Nu metal, too much talent? Ok, two chords, and jumping on stage is regarded as talent? And besides, if you've seen Opeth before, you'd know that they do a few small tours with other big/established bands, and a few festivals, and then come back with their own tour.

I'm not doubting their musicianship, but quite honestly dream theater hasn't done anything truly groundbreaking. they're just a bunch of really good musicians, yet I can't see how they can be headlinging the tour. seriously, they've made some of the cheesiest sounding music I've ever heard. they're good, but they're overated, and their music contains little atmosphere.

I bet opeth is going to be the reason most people go to prog nation.

then everyone's going to be chanting for opeth to come back on during DT playing.

It's obvious that you guys are young, and don't know too much about musicianship

Musicianship is completly fucking irrelevant to good songwriting, something Dream Theater is incapable of. This isn't G3, people don't see Opeth to watch some jackass wank off on a guitar for an hour.

I applaude the guy who started this thread. Dream Theatre is some gay ass shit. NO song writing abilities, I could care less how technical they are at their instruments.....no emotion or atmosphere in their music.

I bet opeth is going to be the reason most people go to prog nation.

then everyone's going to be chanting for opeth to come back on during DT playing.
:lol:

Can I have some of what you're smoking???

Dream Theatre is some gay ass shit. .....no emotion or atmosphere in their music.

Have you heard the songs Space Dye Vest, Wait For Sleep/Learning To Live, or even One Last Time?

Honestly, you guys are taking this way too hard. If you don't like them, don't go. You're not doing anyone a favor by watching a band you don't enjoy, especially if you bitch about it here about "OMG, OPTH are Teh beter BAND! DT should open fr THEM!"
It's not about quality - it's about quantity. Dream Theater sell more albums, therefore bring more people to live shows. AS SIMPLE AS THAT!

Musicianship is completly fucking irrelevant to good songwriting, something Dream Theater is incapable of.

Good songwriting is also irrelevant when people is incapable of appreciating it. Dream Theater are, or at least were, great songwriters. Their 90's albums are full of memorable songs, wonderful melodies and solid structures.

Seriously, I can't understand how on earth some people think of Dream Theater as pure wankers with no songwriting talent. Dream Theater are such a brilliant band due to their ability to write good songs, not for being extremely technical. Of course, you can say it's just a matter of taste, but you can be pretty sure that 99% of DT's fanbase enjoys their songwriting skills over their technique.

That said, I prefer Opeth over DT, especially nowadays.

I'm certainly not a dream theatre fan, good musicians certainly but the songs don't do anything for me. However, this is the music BUSINESS, which means this tour makes sense. Dream Theatre are more popular than Opeth and also have potential for audience crossover. Yes, I know popular doesn't mean better, that's not the point. Opeth need to get to a wider audience, and this is a good way of doing it. I'd prefer to see Opeth touring with Led Zeppelin but, that's not going to happen this year now is it!!

Play to more people, more people buy albums. Opeth earn money, Opeth keep making more albums. What's wrong with that?..or would some of you want Opeth to only play to 5 people in your front room( I could only fit 4 in mine, by the way and yes, I could die happy straight after the gig) and struggle to keep going?

For the last time, I posted this earlier. They are not headlining because THIS IS MIKE PORTNOY'S PROJECT! Portnoy asked them, he is the one that set this up. He's been wanting to do this, even before they were on Gigantour together. And....again...Opeth does this every album where they play a few festivals, or jump on a theme tour, and then come back headlining their own tour.

I really believe that Opeth fans need a big hug and a teddy bear.

Whether you like it or not, this tour with DT is a big opportunity for Opeth.

DT is 5 times bigger than Opeth.

Mikael knows this and it s an honor for him to tour with them.

He s a fan of the band and DT's lads are cool people to hang with.

Don't forget about the tender hug with a relative though.

Stay Emo.

I applaude the guy who started this thread. Dream Theatre is some gay ass shit. NO song writing abilities, I could care less how technical they are at their instruments.....no emotion or atmosphere in their music.

I just laughed SO hard.

:lol:

Good songwriting is also irrelevant when people is incapable of appreciating it. Dream Theater are, or at least were, great songwriters. Their 90's albums are full of memorable songs, wonderful melodies and solid structures.

Seriously, I can't understand how on earth some people think of Dream Theater as pure wankers with no songwriting talent. Dream Theater are such a brilliant band due to their ability to write good songs, not for being extremely technical. Of course, you can say it's just a matter of taste, but you can be pretty sure that 99% of DT's fanbase enjoys their songwriting skills over their technique.

That said, I prefer Opeth over DT, especially nowadays.

Their riffs tend to suck.

I really believe that Opeth fans need a big hug and a teddy bear.

Whether you like it or not, this tour with DT is a big opportunity for Opeth.

DT is 5 times bigger than Opeth.

Mikael knows this and it s an honor for him to tour with them.

He s a fan of the band and DT's lads are cool people to hang with.

Don't forget about the tender hug with a relative though.

Stay Emo.

Yessir, nailed it.

I swear you guys make me laugh.

As posted before, This is Mike Portnoys idea. Like Gigantour was Dave Mustaines. He can choose what band's he wants.

You guys can leave after Opeth, but coming here and saying something like what you've been saying, well pretty much shows how immature you are.

I like both Opeth and Dream Theater. Opeth I like for their songwriting, and atmosphere. Dream Theater, I like their music, The lyrics may not be the best, but its the melodys, rhytmn, and many other things. Being Open Minded in Music can help a lot too. But I guess some of you are so METAL!!!!!! \m/ \m/ some music you don't like ends up being labeled as gay or crap, or some other negative term. But its what it is, who they are, and its the way their gonna stay. Hell I'd be happy if Opeth made a rap, reggae or Country album. If I don't like it, i just wont listen to it. Simple as that.

Sorry for ranting but, I have to my opinion just as you have a right to yours.

----Peace