DT, type of music

I don't think speakers are required in order to check out that thread me thinks.... or are they? :loco:

well I know that If I had got into metal with DT and Opeth I would never had got into metal ;)
I hated growlings when I wasn't into metal and it was a long time since I loved them....

and you both get me on my nerves :loco:

fathervic (evolutive and slow)

There are always songs like Benighted, Face Of Melinda, Requiem, To Bid You Farewell (Opeth) and Auctioned, Day To End (DT).. what do u think? She got into it with Nightfall? :p
I agree though.. I even hated Slayer's vocals when I was younger. I thought the guys were satanists and stuff. I had recorded a live version of Dead Skin Mask played on MTV back then, and I erased it the very first time I played it. The vocals were too brutal for me and they got me scared :) Now I just love brutal vocals, such a feeling.. wow :)

I guess I got used to the brutal vocals quite fast then... I have to thank my coach for that ;) :p

Edit: @TheMindzI: so there was a plan behind it huh? :rolleyes: :p

Well when I first listened to brutal vocals there was no GODLY music behind them.. (no Opeth or DT at the time, but I wouldn't even know these bands even if they existed.. no one to teach me.. argh) so I couldn't stand them :) Unlike you..
Of course there was a plan my little apprentice.. and it worked huh? :loco:

well in my case I got into metal thanx to Metallica....by that time I had the luck that Unforgiven,Nothing Else Matters and Enter Sadman were on the radio....
I got hooked and bought Metallica in 91 my first metal record :)))
I loved it and bought everything from metallica, then someone lent me some manowar and I liked them and the same process with them....but I hated extreme vocals, cannibal corpse was the average of bands I hated (and still hate). The first time I loved growlings was with the promotion cd of Slaughter of the Soul from at the gates and the next was DT....then I started loving growlings....now I got to listen much harder music and sometimes I'm amazed on this I listen, but still can't stand hard black metal or brutal and grind...just hate them!
and oh! yeah, qsilver also drives me insane ;)

fathervic (step by step)

this is how it was for me:

1989 - iron maiden / no prayer for the dying
1990/1992 - anthrax, helloween, manowar, running wild, metallica
1993/1994 - punk music, thrash/death metal
1995/1998 - mostly punk, gothic, death metal and a few outsiders. a lot of faith no more too
1999/2000 - much diversification: folk, rock, anything i thought worth listening too that wasn't much exploited by the media.
2001/.... - still looking out for new bands. that's what i like in music. :)

rahvin.

I won't write my history cause it's too short and i guess you all know it :p

But i will say that i envy you all cause you found metal by yourselves, whereas i was "guided" into it, and this makes some of my favourite people accuse me of not making _my own_ choices :err:

well Siren I guess that sometimes we need to have someone who leads us the way. I refused in all means death metal....and suddenly a friend plugs At the gates and I loved it...If it weren't for that guy I wouldn't be listening DT or at least not as I do now!!
So it's not that you don't make your own choices...if you had been guided into technodance then probably you wouldn't follow the way....you went on with metal...so it's your choice.
it's ppl who show us the way, but it's us who stay or follow the path ;)

fathervic (evolutive part 2)

Originally posted by FatherVic

So it's not that you don't make your own choices...if you had been guided into technodance then probably you wouldn't follow the way....you went on with metal...so it's your choice.
it's ppl who show us the way, but it's us who stay or follow the path ;)

EXACTLY! I don't think there are many ppl out there who found out about metal on their own! Everyone I know (including myself) got into metal thanks to a friend or a brother or whatever (a friend in my case). It's not that he forced me to listen to all this stuff, he just showed me that this music exists (Iron Maiden, Metallica, Guns N' Roses).. but I went a step further since then. You can see the difference between us now :)
And I don't feel bad about it. I mean, that I didn't find out metal by myself. I feel really pleased when I'm checking out his cd collection, and then mine.
Most ppl don't know anything about metal. They keep criticizing and stuff, but they don't know shit! They've never taken a good look/listen to it. "Arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand".. (yeah that's MetallicA :p) Well, if there's no one to "show them the way", they'll keep flaming something they don't even barely know. That's why I send mp3z to everyone I know ;) At least after that, they'll have reasons to like metal or hate it.. and that's acceptable by me..

@themindzi: you're right, especially the very last lines. i listen to metal (among other things) since 1989: that's why i feel i have every right to flame it all as much as i want. :devil:

rahvin.