Dual Rectifier with a 4x12 Engl Pro/v30

recycle

Sep 12, 2007
Norway
Hello,

Does anyone have experience tracking a 3channel dual rectifier with a Engl e4x12VG (straight v30's)? I have a ts808 with andy's settings, and use the second channel on the rectifier. Bass 11, middle 10:00, treble 11:30, presence 10, gain 12:00.
*The 57 is 1" inch from the grill and it points towards the middle of the dust cap and the cone.
The tone is good, but i dont feel it cuts trough a symphonic BM mix. I am after a more roaring and crunchy tone.
What do you guys think think of the mic placement on the engl cab and my settings?*

Thank you.

I actually do play a Triple Rec through an ENGL Cab w/ V30s, and I'm really happy with my sound. My chain is ESP Horizon w/ Seymour Duncans -> Maxon OD-9 -> Triple Rec -> ENGL Cab -> Unidyne 545III and / or Audix i5 (if I record with both mics at once I do it the Fredman way, otherwise, with one mic, I set it off axis (towards the edge of the cab) and set it like 1-2" back) .. so basically, I guess you should try more mic positions to find a good balance in your tone and get what you're aiming for by the source... Although I never did Symphonic BM, maybe the setup really doesnt work out for that kinda genre (although I doubt that).

Hi, thanks for the answer! I shall try some new mic positions then. I would prefer to mic it with only one 57, but ill give the fredman style a chance.