Dual Recto, Slate, Ampeg SVX mix test.

Unavailable

May 28, 2006
Bay Area, CA
Hoping some of you guys can take a listen to this and tell me how everything sounds (specifically the guitars). I have to give the dual recto back to the band on sunday, so I'm hoping to get the final tone by then.

Oh, and ignore their sloppy playing. 'twas the best they could do. :cool:

Signal chain for guitars is EMG 81 -> TS7 -> Dual Recto (3 channel) -> Guitarhacks impulses. No post at this point.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=860400&songID=7202766

Damn I love your sound, blows me away!! And it sounds unique for me..totally own character imo. Congrats for this, dude! What kind of guitar/pick ups did you use? The guitar sound is awesome!!

Still think the guitars could come up a little ;) Still sounds killer like I said before haha.

~006

Damn I love your sound, blows me away!! And it sounds unique for me..totally own character imo. Congrats for this, dude! What kind of guitar/pick ups did you use? The guitar sound is awesome!!

Thanks man. Guitar on the left was an Epiphone Les Paul with an 81 in the bridge, the other was some kind of Ibanez with an 81 in the bridge as well.

Oh, and I think part of the reason I have the guitars a little quieter than I normally would is because I'm trying to hide the sloppy playing as much as possible.

Thanks man. Guitar on the left was an Epiphone Les Paul with an 81 in the bridge, the other was some kind of Ibanez with an 81 in the bridge as well.

Oh, and I think part of the reason I have the guitars a little quieter than I normally would is because I'm trying to hide the sloppy playing as much as possible.

In few cases, sloppy playin can even match. Perfect sterile playin´ is not always the best choice. It´s not that bad, I like your playin. I love this EMG sound, it´s nearly a must own.

Sounds very similar to a band I'm recording at the moment, in style and in sloppiness ;)

Although your recordings are much better than mine :)

Joe

It's KILLER tone! I like it a lot :headbang:
Which impulse have you used, dude? And what were Recto's settings (which channel, etc)? :kickass: Could you tell me/us? :)
I used guitarhack's between0 impulse from the Louder JJ Powertube Impulses Full Set Straight pack.

Recto's settings were: Orange Ch (Modern (Silicon Diode, Bold Power))
Pres: 12:00, Mast: 11:00, Gain: 12:00, Bass: 9:00, Mid 9:10, Treb: 3:30.

And a TS7: Drive: 9:00, Tone: 4:00, Level: 2:00

sounds fucking awesome dude!! the guitar and drums sound incredible, how did you mic the amp and if you dont mind what cab did you use?