Dubstep..

It's fact that Dubstep is indeed music

Despite our hate for it, that'll never change
Just like everyone else on this great forum, I dislike the concept of dubstep, I find it rather pointless, but then again, listeners of dubstep would find metal pointless, so it's a two way street...

Metal is better

i'm freinds with a guy that has the word "dubstep" tattooed on his leg

but i totally agree with the original poster on this one, dubstep isn't really music

crudstep, with rubbish generic lyrics or no vocals at all, with metal you get wonderful array of lyrics, I love the fantasy type lyrics, epically from symphonic metal.

Most of it all dubstep music is computer generated with the use of software. I cannot see how this can be "Real" music compared to the instruments and vocals used in metal bands, rock bands etc.
My brother listens to all that crap and we are forever debating over what is the best, though since metal has awesome lyrics and epic tunes i'm always winning the debate.
Dubstep though I think would suck more without their computer generated music...

Most of it all dubstep music is computer generated with the use of software. I cannot see how this can be "Real" music compared to the instruments and vocals used in metal bands, rock bands etc.
My brother listens to all that crap and we are forever debating over what is the best, though since metal has awesome lyrics and epic tunes i'm always winning the debate.
Dubstep though I think would suck more without their computer generated music...

my understanding is that dubstep is nothing but altered versions of existing songs, (my freinds commonly use the phrase "the dubstep version of that song") and that the music is altered with the use of software specifically designed for creating dubstep music, so it's not really music, it's more like a "computer-generated facsimile of music"

I don't know what is 'real music' but unfortunately dubstep is music. It may be simple or shitty, but still it's music. By the way i don't like it either...

my understanding is that dubstep is nothing but altered versions of existing songs, (my freinds commonly use the phrase "the dubstep version of that song") and that the music is altered with the use of software specifically designed for creating dubstep music, so it's not really music, it's more like a "computer-generated facsimile of music"

No, dubstep is more than just remixes. 'Popular' dubstep isn't real dubstep. When people usually say they like it, they mean Skrillex, Knife Party and all those types of artists who are making a dubstep-influenced genre.
This is an example of real, British, original dubstep:

This is Skrillex, an example of 'fake' dubstep. It's louder, faster and has more of those stylistic growl things. It's an American version of the British dubstep that started in the 90s:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSeNSzJ2-Jw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSeNSzJ2-Jw[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
While i am new to this online comunity and am treading on unfammilier territory i shall always maintain that i am not a hater infact i find dubstep somewhat catchy but computers arent instruments they never will be and shall end my rant with this, i'd rather beat someone to death witha mac then use it to make music

I think dubstep is music there are plenty of critics who argue metal is not music because of dissonance tone speed and structure so since when have so many "metal heads" became snobbish elitist cunts about anything unfit of metal standards.
I see this kind of shit all over the forum to tell you the truth I miss pre-internet era culture in the fact that people didn't just pick a side but they gave a fair assessment to any kind of music...
A. Because we pick sides its that much more easy for the music industry we hate so much to make money because you catergorize MUSIC for marketability
B.PULL YOUR BLOATED HEADS OUT YOUR ASS music is subjective emotional and experimental its easy to take a hitler stance when 90% of the music you listen to comes from one genre.:bah:

While i am new to this online comunity and am treading on unfammilier territory i shall always maintain that i am not a hater infact i find dubstep somewhat catchy but computers arent instruments they never will be and shall end my rant with this, i'd rather beat someone to death witha mac then use it to make music

I disagree.
When used right, computers are certainly instruments in my opinion.
Take this: (I know it's a sad reference with it being the soundtrack to a game, but the point remains valid)

That song was made entirely on a computer, the guy who recorded it never touched an instrument.
I'd say it's music, and therefore makes computers an instrument.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think dubstep is music there are plenty of critics who argue metal is not music because of dissonance tone speed and structure so since when have so many "metal heads" became snobbish elitist cunts about anything unfit of metal standards.
I see this kind of shit all over the forum to tell you the truth I miss pre-internet era culture in the fact that people didn't just pick a side but they gave a fair assessment to any kind of music...
A. Because we pick sides its that much more easy for the music industry we hate so much to make money because you catergorize MUSIC for marketability
B.PULL YOUR BLOATED HEADS OUT YOUR ASS music is subjective emotional and experimental its easy to take a hitler stance when 90% of the music you listen to comes from one genre.:bah:

ctfd :lol:

This really isn't a debate if Dubstep is music. More of is it good music. Which in my opinion its good for partying, or on rare occasions but I don't listen to it all the time and I do agree it is not very original at times but of course it is a matter of opinion and one who enjoys Dubstep or doesn't has nothing to do with their sexual identity as declared by some posts above. I hardly see what this irrelevant dispute has anything to do with the Metal culture...