Dumb burglar

-CC-

Something in My Eye
Jan 12, 2009
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit producers are considering giving a savvy fan a part in the show - after she used detective skills she picked up on TV to help police track down and arrest a burglary subject.

Justine Faeth stayed calm as a thief walked into her Manhattan office and stole a colleague's purse, an iPod and a wallet.

Using tips she had picked up from her favourite show, she collected everything the robber had touched - including a cup he had sipped water from and a tissue he used to blow his nose - and handed them over to police.

The real detectives were able to track down the thief by the DNA samples he had left behind.

Faeth told her story on America's Today show on Thursday and was thrilled when Law & Order star Mariska Hargitay called in to chat with her.

Producers now want to reward the fan even further by giving her a walk-on part in the hit drama.

Ignoring the Law and Order stuff, what dumbass burglar breaks into someone's house, sips on their water and blows his nose?! He sure settled in real fast!!

It's like people don't even know the basics that give you away anymore. Sad.

When I first glanced at this thread title I thought it was going to be about Dimmu Borgir.