Duncan Pearly Gates- Neck ANYONE?

chaosmonger

Sep 16, 2006
Santiago, Chile
www.poemaarcanus.cl
Well, I'm planning to put some passives on a ESP Eclipse (mahogany body, quilted maple top) to replace the EMGs that came stock. Kinda bored of the EMGs and still I have an old Japanese Jackson with EMGs on it, in case I happen to miss them.

For the bridge I'm almost sure it will be either a JB or a Custom (I love the JB in my ash ESP Horizon), but I'm still wondering about the neck.

I've been looking into the Duncan Pearly Gates ... listened to samples, read reviews, etc... looks like it would be fine, specially for clean sounds .... so, anyone over here has any experience with it? Clean? Distorted?

The other options would be a 59 or a Jazz model ... but something makes me lean towards the Pearly Gates.

Any Input?

Thanks guys!

yeah i have one in the neck of my gibson explorer.

distorted it has a really cool "sizzle" to it, a bit of a nice bite to the top in a really good way. cleans sound really nice as well, also having a more pronounced high end than any other neck humbucker ive tried.

i also have a '59 in my LTD ex, and its waaaay bassier. has the nicest cleans of any of my guitars. distorted its really smooth, kinda bassy & scooped. actually, the PG has my preferred distorted tone and the '59 has my preferred cleans. so there you go.