Dusting off a forgotten gem...

Wow, thanks for sharing. That sounds very current. Early 90's was a bad time to be releasing anything like this. They should re-release it.

Deron,

There is no comparison between early SM as it was glam/sleaze (and most of it sucks..lol). "Violent New Breed" ushered in a dark/industrial sound that was different from anything they had ever done. It is similar to the shift that Pantera did.

I was huge into Shotgun Messiah until that album came out, I could never get into that album at all, I still have it, like new in the cd case.. I thought Second Coming was their best release. Loved that song Heartbreak BLVD. Harry K Cody was a ripping guitarist!!

Bear

I couldn;t get into this cd either! I preferred their previous sleeze/glam stuff.

Much like T-Ride (which came out around the same time), a great guitar album that doesn't SOUND like a great guitar album. I like this one a lot - I don't have it on CD, though. Need to rectify that...

eaeolian said:
Much like T-Ride (which came out around the same time), a great guitar album that doesn't SOUND like a great guitar album. I like this one a lot - I don't have it on CD, though. Need to rectify that...

T-Ride was the sh#t! :worship:

I also preferred their previous sleeze/glam stuff from Shotgun Messiah.:headbang:

Harvester said:
Deron,

There is no comparison between early SM as it was glam/sleaze (and most of it sucks..lol). "Violent New Breed" ushered in a dark/industrial sound that was different from anything they had ever done. It is similar to the shift that Pantera did.

Glam...had its ... place.....Mr. JOVI! I liked that album damn it...

I can't believe I've finally found the other two people who own the T-Ride CD! LOL

Jeff Tyson was a killer guitarist. Zombies From HELL!!!

Back on topic: I never got into Shotgun Messiah back in the day, but will check out all these links to see what I missed out on.

Thorn23TX said:
I can't believe I've finally found the other two people who own the T-Ride CD! LOL

Jeff Tyson was a killer guitarist. Zombies From HELL!!!

Back on topic: I never got into Shotgun Messiah back in the day, but will check out all these links to see what I missed out on.

Make me 3......I even saw T-Ride live, I can't remember if the opened for Mr. Big or Stariani, or someone else. GREAT cd. Too bad the band seemed to vaporize.......

I got a good price for my SM cds when I sold them, Never really cared for them too much...

J-Dubya

Emerald Sword said:
I like this thread, it reminds me of a cd I haven't listened to in years. STEVE JONES "Fire and Gasoline". This album is so simple musically and lyrically, but it rips big time!

I was always into Shotgun Messiah, but the Steve Jones disc got more play than a lot of other crap that came out in that year, 1989 I believe.

the T-Ride was an original disc as well. 2 songs off that got a LOT of play in Florida at that time.