Dusting off a forgotten gem...

VNB was a huge change in soud for Shotgun Messiah. It was cool to see them evolve over the 3 album career. Loved Harry K.'s axe slinging. Band really changed when Zinny Zan exited and Tim Skold stepped up to the plate from bass duties and grabbed the mic. Well worth checking out would be the Skold cd that came out in 1996. Full blown industrial like the VNB release. Then he went on to be involved with KMFDM and briefly with Marilyn Manson.

T-ride was another release totally ahead of it's time. I love that cd. I wish I had seen them live. I know they opened for Satch for a string of dates. That would have been a great pairing.

Steve Jones....I forgot about Fire and Gasoline. Love that and the live EP that came out in support of the album.

I'm still going to back Damn the Machine and EZO as 2 more of my faves from that rough time frame.

Rock on,
Glenn

FYI , Pat our bass player was in Shot Gun Messiah. So any questions you got get em together!! Cheers! IT IS ALMOST HHHHEEEERRREEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :headbang: :headbang:

J-Dubya 777 said:
Make me 3......I even saw T-Ride live, I can't remember if the opened for Mr. Big or Stariani, or someone else. GREAT cd. Too bad the band seemed to vaporize.......

I got a good price for my SM cds when I sold them, Never really cared for them too much...

J-Dubya

I remeber T-ride came to Houston with Dream Theater and Fates Warning and I did not go. :cry:

WhoFooldU said:
T-ride was another release totally ahead of it's time. I love that cd. I wish I had seen them live. I know they opened for Satch for a string of dates. That would have been a great pairing.

I saw them mash Tora Tora into paste at Hammerjack's. They played everything on the album, and were just awesome.

I saw the Dream Theater/Fates Warning show in Austin but there was no T-Ride. I still have a cassette copy of that album somewhere but I was never a huge fan. The guitar playing was great but the songs just never struck a chord. I would like to have seen them live though.