A Personal Favourite..."Skywards"

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
I have come to the realization that Dark Tranquillity's SKYDANCER is some of the best music ever put onto a compact disc. Underrated simply because it is the classic that spawned the 'Gothenburg Sound.' I had said before that if royalty from the Renaissance era had listened to metal, this would be the album of choice. Some majestic, regal riffs.

And a personal favourite of mine is "Skywards." Most rave about the handful of classics like "Nightfall By The Shore Of Time," "Crimson Winds," "Alone," "A Bolt Of Blazing Gold," "My Faeryland Forgotten," and more. But "Skywards" have some of the coolest, grandest riffs. There's a part in the middle that happens to be one of my all time favourite riffs, and it's so short.

I wish they had played something from SKYDANCER on the live CD, but I appreciate any live Dark Tranquillity...

now is time for retributive thoughts indeed. i second your appreciation of both the record and that particular song. my favorite on that album remains shadow duet tho. and now, thanks to you, i'm going to put skydancer in my cd player to make the drive to the airport - and picking amy up - more tolerable. thanks. :)

hyena said:
now is time for retributive thoughts indeed. i second your appreciation of both the record and that particular song. my favorite on that album remains shadow duet tho. and now, thanks to you, i'm going to put skydancer in my cd player to make the drive to the airport - and picking amy up - more tolerable. thanks. :)
Play it loud, my friend! :headbang: