Edge Of Sanity's CRIMSON

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
Uh...I'm assuming Light is the Board Eccentric...:D
The question you should be asking yourself is.... am I the finger..... or the cat?

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
But when I posted the thread, some said that it was 'blasphemy' that I left off Edge Of Sanity's CRIMSON. ******I believe that the these edge of sanity albums are classic melodic death metal that was definitely ahead of its time, all masterpieces: Unorthodox, The Spectral Sorrows, Purgatory Afterglow, and Crimson.......you should hear all of these albums as to me they top bands like dismember and at the gates (who I love as well)!

Crimson II is great, not as good as the first one though. Dan doesn't do all the growling on C2, and it has a lot more keyboards in it which isn't really my cup of tea. Besides, the story in C1 is much more epic than the one in C2, so that makes it better as well.

I'm not saying that C2 is bad in any way, it is a masterpiece as well, but C1 is just better. Perhaps because it's one of the best albums ever?

Crimson is a god damn classic. Basically the "White Album" of death metal, I guess one could say :erk:

Personally, I enjoy C2 much more than C1, but thats because I'm more of a progdeath (if thats even a genre) fan than just straight up dm.

I haven't been listening to Crimson lately, I guess I've been leaning towards some different stuff. I'm loving the new Nightingale clip. Listening to it a few times a day.

I love them both. Hard to say which i like more becouse they are pretty different afterall.
Depends on my mood, now I'm liking Crimson II.

But theyre both masterpieces that for sure.