Track lengths on Edge Of Sanity's "Crimson II"?

Aaron A.

\v/
Dec 15, 2004
Hawaii
Would someone mind posting the track lengths for all of the songs on "Crimson II"? I'm definitely going to purchase it soon, but I'm curious. I would really apprecaite it. Thanks!

"Crimson II"
1. The Forbidden Worlds
2. Incantation
3. Passage Of Time
4. The Silent Threat
5. Achilles Heel
6. Covenant Of Souls
7. Face To Face
8. Disintegration
9. Aftermath

scorpian007 said:
My version is 40 something tracks on the actual CD itself, so its hard to tell how long each of them are :(
This makes me very sad. Thanks for responding, at least! :tickled:

1. The Forbidden Worlds 1:39
2. Incantation 5:59
3. Passage Of Time 5:27
4. The Silent Threat 3:17
5. Achilles Heel 2:27
6. Covenant Of Souls 7:30
7. Face To Face 3:26
8. Disintegration 3:17
9. Aftermath 5:25

There you go.

crimson2_1.jpg

crimson2_2.jpg

Anyway it is only a long song, really don't care if there are nine tracks or fourtyfour.

I think it is supposed to be viewed as one constant piece in the same way that Crimson was. I think in total it is about 45 minutes, but split down on the CD into about 40 sections.

I have always been of the opinion that the tracklist was a section of movements that corresponds with the lyrics (although I must admit that I don't take full advantage of things like this and actually read the lyrics - too many CDs, not enough time to read booklets).

I don't think that the movements actually correspond with the tracks though. I believe Dan was partially responsible for the system by which many promos are now issued (splitting tracks up into many mini tracks to make it harder to post on the internet for cheapskate downloading).

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Dan came up with this system in the legendary Abbey Road studios, although I cannot clearly remember.

Perhaps someone that has taken the time to familiarise themselves with the story would be able to comment, but I don't think that the tracks and times posted above are necessarily accurate...

AlexGuinness said:
I don't think that the movements actually correspond with the tracks though. I believe Dan was partially responsible for the system by which many promos are now issued (splitting tracks up into many mini tracks to make it harder to post on the internet for cheapskate downloading).

I think that you are probably right, anyway these are the tracks on the cd, at least these are the lenght of the tracks on the cd. Doesn't Black Mark want not to be a one-long-song record and asked Dan to cut the thing in tracks?

Only just noticed your response, you must have posted it whist I was writing mine (distracted by buying a load of CDs from eBay :cry: ).

Certainly if I play mine through the PC, it just comes up with the first few tracks corresponding to the tracklist followed by many "Untitled" ones.

Just like Crimson, Crimson II is one 43minute song.
I think it was because of the record company Dan made the track index for the cd.
And the 44 "tracks" it's splitted into are a kind of copy protection.

But Crimson II is regardless of this still only one epic track!

cenzu said:
Just like Crimson, Crimson II is one 43minute song.
I think it was because of the record company Dan made the track index for the cd.
And the 44 "tracks" it's splitted into are a kind of copy protection.

But Crimson II is regardless of this still only one epic track!

Dan doesn't care about copy protection, he's said as much on many occasions, if I can recall correctly.

He had it made that way so you could flip to your favorite parts faster, instead of having to forward up (maybe Dan wasn't into the iTunes in 2002-2003?) :)

Yeah!

well atleast the guy had bought the album so that would explain Dan helping him out...
well all the saim...actually I recall also you being right...
the "He had it made that way so you could flip to your favorite parts faster, instead of having to forward up"

so there are no winners :D

cenzu said:
Yeah!

well atleast the guy had bought the album so that would explain Dan helping him out...
well all the saim...actually I recall also you being right...
the "He had it made that way so you could flip to your favorite parts faster, instead of having to forward up"

so there are no winners :D

or rather, we both win!!! two rights don't make a wrong! :)

I saw that my thread received 17 replies, and was like... "Damn, some intriguing conversation must've started." And... it did! I'm going to buy the album as soon as I can, but I was just curious as to how long the songs were. I don't really care about how long the songs are, as it's really just one song split into tracks. Thanks for everyone's input! Take care.