Edge Of Sanity's CRIMSON

I think I prefer Crimson 2 because the blast beats start getting to me in the first, although its still an awesome album.

iseesmurfs420 said:
I think I prefer Crimson 2 because the blast beats start getting to me in the first, although its still an awesome album.

I feel the same way about the blastbeats. I actually can't understand what the big deal is about Crimson!? I bought it a few months ago just because I heard all this good shit about it. But I've listened to it quite often and I think it's good, but it's very far away from being in my top 25...

Is there any official info as to which of the 44 tracks on Crimson II belong together, forming the 9 parts listed on the album (The Forbidden Words, Incantation, Passage Of Time etc.)?

I just got the album and am wondering... is it normal that the "METAL FOR THE WORLD" subtitle under the "Black Mark" label on the CD itself is barely readable due to low resolution? The inner ring on the backside of the CD says "DOCdata Germany" and then "BMP BMCD 168". The inlay at the back has some fuzziness at the barcodes - they aren't straight black lines, just like having been printed by a cheap printer. The rest of the inlay however looks great... I guess I'm having paranoia since I once paid EUR 15 for an obviously illegal copy of a Slayer DVD at ebay. However I'd like to know if your Crimson II also shows these symptoms... Thanks!

Fred304: they don´t form nine parts, it is actually meant to be one song. It is just divided into 44 tracks due to "preventing" copying/dl too easily, and the nine parts are mentioned on the back because record dealers obviously thought sometimes that Crimson 1 is a single, and filed it wrongly. And somehow the record industry likes tracks ;)

You can find information about that in more detail when you search for Dan Swanö´s posts or respectively search for threads at the time around the releasedate. It was discussed and explained in detail in this forum :)

EDIT: oh, I forgot, a good reason for the 44 parts is, to allow people to just play the parts of Crimson 2 that they like best. Many people wished for that coding after C1 didn´t have it ;)

fireangel said:
Fred304: they don´t form nine parts, it is actually meant to be one song.
Thanks, I found the thread and Dan's info about that. Excellent, that leaves me more freedom for creating my own tracklist. After carefully listening to the record over and over again and feeling the need to have Crimson II divided into ~10 tracks in order to navigate more easily (especially on my portable which has no pause function, d'oh) I came to this conclusion:

Code:
01 -> 01   4:30
02 -> 06   3:09
03 -> 09   5:27
04 -> 14   4:24
05 -> 19   3:17
06 -> 23   3:47
07 -> 27   5:18
08 -> 31   4:20
09 -> 37   3:18
10 -> 40   5:25
The left number is my own tracknumber, the following number the corresponding tracknumber on the original CD - followed by the length of each new, longer track.

I simply modified the original cue sheet which now looks like this:

Code:
FILE "Crimson2.wav" WAVE
PERFORMER "Edge Of Sanity"
TITLE "Crimson II"
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
    TITLE "I"
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 04:30:56
    TITLE "II"
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 07:39:62
    TITLE "III"
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 13:07:10
    TITLE "IV"
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 17:31:30
    TITLE "V"
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 20:49:25
    TITLE "VI"
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 24:37:13
    TITLE "VII"
  TRACK 08 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 29:55:49
    TITLE "VIII"
  TRACK 09 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 34:15:60
    TITLE "IX"
  TRACK 10 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 37:34:45
    TITLE "X"
And in case you did not read my original post in the other forum, here's my cue sheet for the first Crimson:

Code:
FILE "Crimson.wav" WAVE
PERFORMER "Edge Of Sanity"
TITLE "Crimson"
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
    TITLE "I"
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 04:02:10
    TITLE "II"
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 09:31:71
    TITLE "III"
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 13:14:73
    TITLE "IV"
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 16:47:26
    TITLE "V"
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 20:56:38
    TITLE "VI"
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 26:56:07
    TITLE "VII"
  TRACK 08 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 29:30:04
    TITLE "VIII"
  TRACK 09 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 32:30:00
    TITLE "IX"
  TRACK 10 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 36:59:00
    TITLE "X"

Fred304 said:
And in case you did not read my original post in the other forum, here's my cue sheet for the first Crimson:

thanks for thinking of it, but I am not such computer-person (yet) that I do all this converting and changing and whatnot. I would be interested in learning it one day, though (when_I_have_time), but until then I simply deal with the CDs the way they are ;)

fireangel said:
thanks for thinking of it, but I am not such computer-person (yet) that I do all this converting and changing and whatnot. I would be interested in learning it one day, though (when_I_have_time), but until then I simply deal with the CDs the way they are ;)
It really is not that complicated. Just rip the entire CD as "image & cue sheet" with Exact Audio Copy and replace the .cue file with the one I posted. You may have to change the first line of the .cue (FILE "something.wav" WAVE) with a text editor according to the actual name of the .wav file. Then you can write this .cue as an image, for example with Nero: File/Burn CD Image, select the .cue and you're done.

Yes, it's that simple :)

Most of the common burning programs should support cue sheets by now, they are not "nero-specific". I believe they were introduced by the legendary CDR-Win (or was ist Feurio?).

By the way, foobar2000 (imho the most powerful audio player for windows, f*** winamp) can also handle cue sheets. Comes in very handy to test these Crimson .cue files before burning to Audio CD.

fireangel said:
you are kinda persistent in convincing me ;) I appreciate the effort, I will store the info for later use. :)
You're welcome. I just happen to enjoy doing that stuff - and talking about it :wave:

Well, I can't even listen through the followup album. Whats that thing they say about sequels...

After trying to find a winner in the Contest Crimson 1 vs. 2 I decided it's simply impossible to say which of them is better. It really depends on the mood you're in. Crimson I is more doom oriented and should preferably played when you're depressed ;)

As for Crimson 2, I strongly suggest listening to that album while driving with the bus or walking outside pickung up flowers and that kind of stuff :)

What the...?

You call yourselves Crimson fans? :tickled:
Damn, I can growl the Crimson I and II lyrics by heart and I spend a lot of freetime in drawing pictures based on the stories of C-I & II.

When listening to those songs (which I have linked to an 83:00 minutes song, Mwhahaha :p) while watching at that comic i created, it's twice the fun! Trust me and draw you're own one! :D

Hopefully i can scan that comic sometime. However it's not finished yet. And for Crimson III I wanna see some pics in the booklet! Hear that Dan?! ^^