DVD Video Quality?

SQUONK2 said:
but they'll still sound fantastic!

Yes they sure as heck do!!! :headbang:
(How you doin', there Squonk my man?)

ED!!! Bro - WAY past due for getting back to you - have been CRAZY busy with everything - have some pics to send you to. Stay tuned bro - comin back atcha.

And both you guys - by the way - was at a FYE at the mall the use a giftcard someone gave me (really try and avoid that store) - looked for the hell of it and there was a copy of the Live at Last audio cd set! :D

Brother Dave

Whats up, me too man need to give you a shout. Hey thats wild you found us there? whatsn next Wallmart? the skies the limit hey? right :loco:

Almost time, are you Transatlantic?

Se ya Ed

QUOTE=Burke]Yes they sure as heck do!!! :headbang:
(How you doin', there Squonk my man?)

ED!!! Bro - WAY past due for getting back to you - have been CRAZY busy with everything - have some pics to send you to. Stay tuned bro - comin back atcha.

And both you guys - by the way - was at a FYE at the mall the use a giftcard someone gave me (really try and avoid that store) - looked for the hell of it and there was a copy of the Live at Last audio cd set! :D[/QUOTE]

I love the DVD, just bought it and watched it yesterday. Not much at all to complain about in terms of video quality. A little grainy at times, certain angles, but nothing to complain about. I certainly wish I was there, but at least I get to experience it through DVD. I have had the CD version for awhile and wondered what Ted's comment about playing live was all about. I'm amazed that he kept singing while fixing Doug's guitar strap. The interviews were fun too. In the group interview I laughed my butt off over Sean Flanagan's coment about a pirate ship. Yeah, I've never seen a pirate movie like that either -LOL!

yyzmoose said:
I love the DVD, just bought it and watched it yesterday. Not much at all to complain about in terms of video quality. A little grainy at times, certain angles, but nothing to complain about. I certainly wish I was there, but at least I get to experience it through DVD. I have had the CD version for awhile and wondered what Ted's comment about playing live was all about. I'm amazed that he kept singing while fixing Doug's guitar strap. The interviews were fun too. In the group interview I laughed my butt off over Sean Flanagan's coment about a pirate ship. Yeah, I've never seen a pirate movie like that either -LOL!

You are not kidding man! I am still completely blown away by that video!! I just was watching some of it this past weekend. Talk about flawless performances. Ted's voice was so on -- I had previously wondered if Pure was a studio trick... That guy is in-human. That has to be one of the, if not THE best live vocal performance I have ever seen/heard and I have seen/heard very many! I think what amazes me most is how ambitious many of the vocal lines are and Ted never backed off even one high note that I remember and he hit them so well! I also had no idea that he played guitar too. He is a solid player!

Not to leave anyone else out, the whole band is excellent! Ed, you look like you having the time of your life up there and your performance was f**king awesome! Doug, your playing is so articulate. You have to ask yourself if this is Live or Memorex? :worship: Sean, you're another guy who loves what he does and does it very well. It is really is great seeing how you guys looked you were all having a great time at that show! Bill, you filled the role wonderfully!

You guys didn't wimp out in the end either! Ted was still belting it out too!

As you can see, I have enjoyed watching the video very much!!! I could go on and on about it even more but I shall contain myself now :Spin:

Thanks for releasing this video so I've been finally able to see you live! Still want that East coast tour :)

Take care!

You guys are WAY to cool.

Thanks so much for the props here, hey I can,t tell you how much we appreciate it. Especially right before we head out to support this.

Thanks a million

The best Ted moment for me is when he hits that high note at the end of "Acquanitance". Right up to that point I kept asking myself "Is he going to do it? Or is he going to wimp out?" Nope, he nailed it! All the guys had a lot of energy, even Bill. He seemed to be doing a bit of headbanging even! I say that because I was expecting a guy with more of a jazz background to be more laid back. Great show, one of my favorite concert DVD's, and I own quite a few.

hey, maybe I've lost track of when it came out, but I held off from picking it up after hearing about the 1st run issues/recall, etc.

I just recently finally got the live double cd (found a promo copy used at this place over spring break in Tempe,AZ..the "For Promotional Use Only" sticker is still on the 2nd CD, lol)) and totally loved it!...I wanna get the DVD now as well, I wonder if Ken Golden has it..assuming by this thread, it is out and fixed.

Esp considering the show, I bought a ticket, but had to skip for $ and the fact Dream Theater was in my town the same nite. I regret it in many ways tho, but i hope to see you guys again someday live. The NEARFEST show and chatting afterwards is still a fond memory of mine :).

Kyle