Enchant Bootleg Svcd

Hi again Ed!:tickled:
I dont mean to annoy you with this DVD-R thing. Or perhaps just a little.:loco::loco:
Please keep us informed about how the keyboard lines are going:hotjump:, cause we know the rest will be amazing.​
I´ll send a message to Doug when the whole recording process is done, i dont want to disturb your peace!o_O
But burn the tapes as a Cdrom is a very easy and low cost process.​
You´ll have to bey a video recording card, there are pretty cheap one and expensive too. With the card you will get the software to do the job. Then you burn it into a CD, and send them all to me.:D
Do you want the SVCD´s of the show?? Would be a pleasure to send it for you. But to what address??
firedevil.gif
By the way, I´m designing a great page for you guys to support you here in Latin America
headbob.gif
As soon as I finish it, I´ll send the address for you. Of course with this page I´ll have to annoy you alot, resquesting interviews, pictures and some other goodies!
sgrin.gif
ope you dont mind!​

Sevlar,

How very clever of you; you must be a real fan! So you know, we have made a Video of the nearfest show. Remixed and in stereo even! It sounds pretty good and looks good as well. I wasn't happy with the performances, but there not too bad I guess. Also the camera guy was filming Ted tuning his guitar during a couple of my guitar solos, but other than that, I think it's ok.

I was thinking about trying to release it, on our web site only, later this summer. I'm looking into the DVD thing as well. For those who don't want the visual, I was planning on releasing a CD of the show. I"m looking for someone to make some DVD for me and I should have some more information in the up coming weeks. I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Doug
Sevlar said:
Hi There!

I would like to ask something to the band.
firedevil.gif

We all know that there´s a video of the NearFest Show in the Internet, as was posted here in the forum.

So, I´ve downloaded the whole show and burned into 2 SVCD and made also an opening and ending screens and made some screens for each of the songs, with the tittle and the name of their album.

The quality of the video is really amazing for an 128MB Internet file. And can be displayed in a Full Screen mode in a TV without great loss quality.
The sound is very clear and has a very good quality (i love to hear Ed´s Slaps) but it is in MONO.

:loco:What I am trying to say is::loco:

Isnt a good Idea if the band release this show as a DVD-R, like some other artists do in the Internet for the fans?

I wonder if the band could get the original video, with even a better quality and a Stereo sound and burn it into a DVD-R, not an Official Video, but just for the pleasure of the fans.:D

What you guys think about it?:hotjump:

Btw: I´m continuing my campaign. PLEASE COME TO BRAZIL!!! :loco:

Hi Doug,

You can bet I'm one of your real FANS (I know that there are a lot more my friend).:hotjump:

About the video, where is the file with a Stereo Audio?? Please let me know! ;) Is that one on the links section?

The performance during the show was very good Doug, even more to a big fan of your music that can only imagine seeing you guys live here in Brazil.

I'm sending the SVCD in a fullscreen mode to Ed til the end of the week, hope you guys like it.

Releasing an DVD-R or even a Live Cd is a great idea, and one of them will me mine.

By the way, your laughters during the show is one of me most funny things I saw!:loco: And the guy that was filming the show just felt in lov with Ted. Am I right?? :D

And I'm desingning a website for the band here in Brazil, as soon as I get it done I'll send you the link, and of course annoy you with a lot of emails!

Guys,

How about filming a future show for a DVD. That would be awesome.
headbob.gif
You can do at least a 2 hr show, visiting a whole slew of tunes. A live document is really needed since you have 7 discs worth of material. Nearfest DVD is definitely cool, but personally, I think a CD from the show is sufficient. At least with the future DVD you can be in control, and the camera man will be familiar with when you get the closeups on the solos. Easy for me to say, b/c I havent the faintest clue of the production cost. I havent seen it yet, but Ayreon's DVD is getting a lot of :OMG:s.

Guido, I agree with the new Jadis disc. Just got it and it is sweet. I really didnt get into Understand that much, but the tunes on this one are catching my interest a lot more. Call me weird b/c pretty much every other Jadis fan is of the opposing opinion, but my favorite Jadis disc is Somersault. Somersault is their most riffy/edgey release and I hear hints of that on Fanatic. It does remind me of Across the Water, too, melodically.

:wave:
Two days until I hit Ireland. Watch out, I am thristy.

I agree with the previous comment, a live cd is sufficient.

If You guys are going to do a DVD then it is my opinion that You should do it to the fullest extend possible!

I mean, the Nearfest show was amazing and the performance is great. If there's something to complain about it is the backing vocals, sorry Doug I don't mean to pick on You because I really like when You sing aswell, but the harmonies are a tad off sometimes.... (Will this get me banned from the fourum?! :lol: )

I know that it is expensive to make a DVD but it is worth it, not just for the fans but for the band aswell. Your albums all sound great so then why release an "inferior" DVD? It's like shooting yourself in the leg...

My idea is more like this. On the upcomming tour, take a show, tape it and fill the DVD with the homemovies Ed talked about! Then You will have a great consert part with, hopefully great sound, and a "backstage/extra part" which is something every DVD should have!

Of course this is up to You and the record company but I strongly believe that this is the path to take.

I can't wait until the new album is released!!! I really want to hear Doug sing again!!! :yow:

H

P.S Sorry about my criticism Doug.... I'm not worthy!!!!!! D.S

I think we might eventually do both. This one would be marketed as merely an 'official bootleg' with the limited quality expecatancy that comes along with that moniker(which I think it will exceed) and then release a proper live album next year or the following.

by the way henrik I just noticed that you had the dancing dwarves reference in your post.....I'm always surprised at what comes out of my mouth on stage....there's a few zingers on that recording. "I think he ate a rose bush" is my personal favorite.

Hi Ted!

That's one thing I really like with the band and with You. I have never seen You guys performe live and I really hope I will be able to do that once, in or around Sweden. I am so amazed by Your voice and Your lyrics are so wonderful, both in the simplicity that at the same time is so complex and also in the way that Your, and the bands, emotions are shown.

I really like the things You said in between the songs at Nearfest, a specially the conversations between You and Doug with the "mic incident" :lol:

It shows that You are just ordinary people, with a wonderful gift, and that You aren't afraid of speaking whatever is on Your mind instead of the usual: "Hell Yeah/You're f&¤#ing great/you guys rock" thing.

Keep the fire burning in Your heart Ted!

Now I will continue to work with my "Ted Leonardish" song! :lol:

H

Henrik,

Most of the fans around the world didnt have the oportunity to watch a Enchant Show, or even watch them in a Monitor with the Internet file. :erk:

I know for instance that the probability for me to watch Enchant here in South America for the next 2 years or so, is very small, so why dont giving us the chance to get a Bootleg DVD with the Nearfest show?:hotjump:

There are a lot of artists and bands releasing bootleg cds, DVD in their website, like Andy Timmons and Marillion. And their DVDs are really cool.

We all hope that Enchant could release an Oficial DVD or Live Cd, but until it doesnt happen an bootleg show would be ok.

Ps: I think Doug´s backing vocal is ok, but his laughter is something to cut from the DVD! :loco::loco::loco::loco::loco:

I agree with You man :lol:

What I meant was that if You release it and call it an "official DVD" I think that many people would be dissapointed but if You call it "official bootleg DVD" than it's a different thing!

I hope that it will be released because it's a great show!

H

I agree with you. I couldn't hear a fucking thing that night and to top it off Ed's bass rig was fucking up and we didn't get a sound check because we were trying to fix it.

If we were to release the show as a DVD it would be a low key, cheap thing for those who don't have a VCR anymore.

Tom Size & I remixed the tracks so it sounds better. I admit it was probably one of the worst performances we've ever done...Maybe I shouldn't release it at all. I mean, maybe Henrik is right we would be shooting ourselves in the foot to release such an awful performance.

Now I'm depressed. I'll have to think on this more, after I drink myself into a stupor that is.

On a positive note: Tom & I had the new CD mastered today and it sounds great! Ken "Sonic Ninja" Lee did it again and man is that guy good! He did Kevin Gilberts "Shaming of the True" you know.

Got to run; I've got a date with a bottle of Kettle One Vodka.

Doug

Well if You are going to get drunk, swedish vodka is the best.... :lol:

Come on Doug, it was a great show and it deserves to be realeased! What I meant was that I, and probably many with me, would sell our grandmothers and in my case, maybe even my sisters, for a Enchant consert on DVD filled with extra materials.

I love the energy You guys have on stage and the songs are great. As to my criticism of You it was a matter of that You sometimes is out of key. Sometimes, not allways. Hell, let's face it You're a better singer than me anyway!

So get Your act together now instead of the "King of Tragedy" stuff.... :lol:

Be a man about it and release it! You must!

D.S Swedish vodka mixed with some elder juice is great for depressions.... :Smokedev: P.S

H

Hey Doug, that show was great. We know you had some problems, but I still think it was a great show.
Like I´ve said to Ed, I´m sending the 2 SVCDs with an Intro and Ending Screens and song titles to him.
But you already have it, right? :(

Did Ed tell you that I´m designing a site for you guys here in Brazil? It almost finished, so asap I will request some more information and some picture to you ok?? Hope I´m not requesting too much! ;)