DVD Video Quality?

Petrucci914

Nov 14, 2004
Madison, WI
Hey guys,

Is it just me or is the video quality poor? It all looks grainy to me, especially the large panned shots. I'm kind of disappointed. :confused:

Enchant Does not have the ability to create a 100% first class DVD. It's not financially possible.

So lay off. I'm VERY impressed by the quality for such an unknown band.

Enchant, do not be disheartened by stuff like this. This is an AMAZING effort. Thanks for seeing this through! My 3 brothers and I are Enchant freaks! and your music brings us together by the fire outside while we're having a drink just sitting in the cold. We sat and listened to a self made Enchant Mix and had the time of our lives.

You guys rule

Petrucci914 said:
Hey guys,

Is it just me or is the video quality poor? It all looks grainy to me, especially the large panned shots. I'm kind of disappointed. :confused:

I think it is just you, I was too amazed by the show to notice such little details. :headbang:

Amazon is sending me a new one. For some reason I think they sent me one of the original bad ones. I'm not experiencing LITTLE things. The sound would go from barely audible to fully audible on solos, the video was all grainy. So don't try to discredit my love for the band just because I have eyes and ears.

Well it appears that a number of BAD or Bogus DVD,s are still out there? We thought it might have just been overseas but I am hearing more people now here in the states as well who may have a bad one.

Anyone in question should return them and get a good one. Petrucci 914 it sounds like you got a bad one for sure man. No one should have to watch that piece of .....

I think you will see a huge differance in the real deal. The audio came out great. It is not perfect but pretty damn good. The sync is a tad off like brother Dave stated in the other thread but................not too much, I think it is some angles that were strange. The snyc deal is a tough one though and with a bigger budget and more time we would not have that problem.

Hopefully people will realize they may have a bad copy before coming in here and blasting us or bitching about this too much. A few have and I think we need not to be too defensive as well. I would be pissed off too if I got a bad copy or thought that was the finished product. Your post was totally cool and you were just asking which is great. It is helpful to know.

Concerning all the great support and praise we are receiving from everyone, and especially the others on this thread, you guys rule! really we appreciate that so much.

Peruvian Tide your story about your brothers and you rocking out and our music bringing you togather is really cool. Hey thanks so much for sharing that with us. Thats the best really, what we love to hear. We better see you guys at a show sometime I want to have a drink with you guys man.

OK thanks again guys, and Eric I will bring a copy in tonight for the show.

NP : Nighttime Sky : BPOTW us

Ya, I think I did get a bad copy. Amazon is sending me another one right now as a replacement and I don't have to pay for shipping or anything so no harm is done. But from what I saw and everything, it rocked! I knew that everyone were good musicians but I was even more blown away! Sean is a very tight drummer, and Ed, your bass technique gives me the chills........and I'm a guitarist! Amazing! Also, Ed, what type of bass is that with the small headstock? Thanks!

I somehow think that another of my fav bands, Threshold, who are on the same label as Enchant, might have had more production dollars for their Critical Mass DVD that came out last year.....

And HANDS down, I like Live at Last better - and it had nothing to do with being there back in March. Somehow, the close up camera work seems better, really putting you right there on stage, and the guys have such great PRESCENCE on stage - look at Sean on the kit as an example - the guy just exudes 'cool happiness' for lack of a better term, as he plays through every song. It just seems much more of a true fun live experience - the Threshold DVD is good and they play GREAT tunes.... but I was left a bit dissapointed because they had next to NO energy or stage presence....

Enchant Live at Last - raawks.....:worship: :kickass:

Hey thanks Petrucci914

I am glad your getting the real deal now. I am sure you will enjoy that one.

Hey the Bass is a Kubicki Factor.

Rock on brother.

NP : DT Pull me under Live

Petrucci914 said:
Ya, I think I did get a bad copy. Amazon is sending me another one right now as a replacement and I don't have to pay for shipping or anything so no harm is done. But from what I saw and everything, it rocked! I knew that everyone were good musicians but I was even more blown away! Sean is a very tight drummer, and Ed, your bass technique gives me the chills........and I'm a guitarist! Amazing! Also, Ed, what type of bass is that with the small headstock? Thanks!

ebass said:
Hey thanks Petrucci914

I am glad your getting the real deal now. I am sure you will enjoy that one.

Hey the Bass is a Kubicki Factor.

Rock on brother.

NP : DT Pull me under Live
Ed.. is there something unique about the packaging of the new and improved version that distinguishes itself from the bad version??

Slipperman

We wish there was? I am not sure?

You will know right away though. I have both copies and it is obvious.

Hopefully the bad ones dissapear soon!

NP : Enchant : Interact

Slipperman said:
Ed.. is there something unique about the packaging of the new and improved version that distinguishes itself from the bad version??

:worship:

Thank you Enchant for a great concert. The DVD rocks, the bass is just phatt and Ted's voice so intense. Doug's guitar is perfect, the keyboard carpet well-balanced and Sean's drumset beyond belief. What a setup...

Knowing that this was done with a limited budget makes it even better to enjoy. I know there are bits and pieces that could have come out better but in my opinion that would mean splitting hairs. You guys have really done a great job and you can be proud of that DVD. A few years ago fans would have paid a fortune for a bootlegged handheld video with muffled mono soundtrack JUST to watch their heroes play. It shows how spoiled we are these days (only joking...)

:D

I just got mine. While it's great to see the band live finally, I do think I got a bad one too (from Barnes and Noble on-line). Mine has a copyright date of 2004. Shouldn't the new ones be 2005?? Can anyone confirm this?

I still want to say to the band, good job on the DVD. Definitely something to be proud of.

so is this dvd widscreen, and if so, is it enhanced for widescreen tv's? (anamorphic)

Unfortunately, no. It was shot in a standard 4x3 aspect ratio. So, the boys will be a bit stretched on your widescreen TV, but they'll still sound fantastic!

"I do think I got a bad one too (from Barnes and Noble on-line)."

You will notice it if you have a bad one. The sound is very musty (the right word???)...and the instruments hard to recognize.

Hey another factor to keep in mind is what your playing it on?

The high end systems or even something decent should work just fne. Computers seem to struggle with this.