Dyscord - Tirades : mixed by Suecof, mastered by Alan Douches

Potshot

Aug 26, 2007
Perth, Western Australia
Hi all, figured I should get round to posting this stuff, as it's my first proper recording work that has been released, the band's myspace is as below, this was all tracked in october of last year and mixed/mastered early january. Album was released Feb 23 and I've put some links to the 2 tracks they've made available on their myspace as mp3's from my dropbox account.

http://www.myspace.com/dyscord

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2232434/Dyscord - Tirades MP3/01 Behold.mp3

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2232434/Dyscord - Tirades MP3/04 Beneath the Callous.mp3

Guitars were not reamped, I'm unsure of what was replaced drum wise, I know the kick was and I believe the snare as well, not too sure on the toms but I'm sure Mark would know if he's about.

Guitars were not reamped as I did not have a DI box at that point in time, all rhythm's were on an LTD grynch baritone with EMG81, leads on a Caparison Dellinger HGS, stock pickups. The tone was a blend of my 6505 and a Mesa dual recto 2 channel, had an MXR GT-OD in front of both amps and both were played through a Framus dragon V30 cab. Mic's were an SM7 on axis and an I5 off axis.

Drums were mic'd as follows, kicks were run directly from a trigger, on the snare top was an I5 and SM7 below, hats were an SM57, Ride bell was an AT2020, toms were audix D2's on the first 2 rack toms, D4 on the third and D6 on the floor tom. OH's were a pair of NT55's and room mic was a T-bone RB100.

Bass was through an Ampeg SVT-2 with a Sansamp PSA-1, split from a Sansamp bass DI pedal, with the clean output recorded also. As such, unsure if my recorded tone was used or reamped/processed, etc.

Vocals were through an SM7.

So uh yeah, let me know what you think if you care to have a listen :)

Sorry to bump this thread a little, but I just wanted to say I REALLY like this stuff! The guitar tone is massive.

I searched for a thread about this band because I am familiar with them (played a show with them a few years back) and played a show with another Perth band last night, who said the new Dyscord stuff sounds huge. I think some of their stuff had been posted here before, so I thought I'd try to scope it out here.

I'd love for my bands stuff to sound this awesome. Maybe sometime in the future... :lol:

Keep up the good shit man. :)

friends in the right places can get you so much

not my kinda thing but put on a decent live show, have yet to hear this on anything asides from my laptop speakers, but already it sounds better than the stuff ive heard of yours previously

Cheers mate :)

Who were you playing with?

I played a show with them when I was in a band called 'In Vain We Perish'.

Now I'm in a different band called 'Celephai' and we played a show with 'Under the Influence' the other night. They were cool guys.

Yeh, Saxon was a really great guy. He was really keen on getting us to come to Perth and play some shows.

On topic - I keep listening to these tracks man. Really good job on this stuff. Perhaps if/when my band manages to head over to Perth, we can organise to have you do some stuff for us. :)