E.P Intro!! (POD Farm, SSD)

Ganks

Nov 1, 2009
I liked the essence of the song, it has interesting riffs and is well played.
I am not sure if I can give any advice on the mix because it depends
entirely on what sound you are after but your mix is balanced and hangs together.
Personally, I would have produced it completley differently but thats just my tastes.
( i.e. used real amp, louder guitars, beefier bass )

I liked the essence of the song, it has interesting riffs and is well played.
I am not sure if I can give any advice on the mix because it depends
entirely on what sound you are after but your mix is balanced and hangs together.
Personally, I would have produced it completley differently but thats just my tastes.
( i.e. used real amp, louder guitars, beefier bass )

Thanks man.

I was struggling with how much bass to mix in. I think I'm going to kick it up a little bit.

As far as the guitars, I want them a lot bigger. I can accomplish that by my master, but I'm trying to get away from relying on my master bus.

Any advice as far as making my guitars bigger? I'm pretty satisfied with the tone itself.
I've got a touch of iZotope Ozone's Harmonic Exciter on them right now.

i'd start with editing the drums and turning them down a bit...should sound a lot better then ; )
and yeah, try out the X30, its great!

needs tons of edits, smoke the ozone, guitars are plenty big just how they are. try and bus those drums to some gentle verb to try to fake some room ambience, they sound really sterile.

edit: snare sounds good once things get started, but those toms in the beginning are buggin me.

bass needs something, anything. get acmebargig "big"

**Updated version**
Thanks for all the replies. Here's the updated version with some stuff on the master bus.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2798302/INTRO-DONE_VOX.mp3

I added the B.I.G to the bass. :)
I have 2 bass tracks. 1 with BIG and one EQ'd for subs.

Also, I didn't rely on presets for my master this time. I did it all myself! :D

I used some L1, EQ, and Harmonic and Loudness Maximizers.

Let me know what you think and what could be better.

the updated version sounds great. mix seems to be a bit focused in the middle, but still awesome. my only critique would be to tighten up a few of the chuggs...i take it this is double tracked? anyway, this intro just makes me look forward to the rest of what's to come, which promises to be just massive!!! :headbang:

the updated version sounds great. mix seems to be a bit focused in the middle, but still awesome. my only critique would be to tighten up a few of the chuggs...i take it this is double tracked? anyway, this intro just makes me look forward to the rest of what's to come, which promises to be just massive!!! :headbang:

Yep, double tracked, and both guitars are panned 100% L & R.

The sweeping in the beginning is centered, however.

Bass, snare, kick, (little bit of vocals).. Are all centered.
The OH's are 100% L and R.

And the toms are about 45% L and R.

Thanks for the kind words!
We're in the process of writing the rest of our EP, but we're really starting to get our shit together. :)

i really just wish it were tighter, it'd make the mix sound 1000 x better. was it tracked to a grid? are those drums MIDI? is the guitar raw DI? if so you should hire me to edit. =]

i really just wish it were tighter, it'd make the mix sound 1000 x better. was it tracked to a grid? are those drums MIDI? is the guitar raw DI? if so you should hire me to edit. =]

Everything was tracked to a click track, but I suck major ass at editing.

I edited a good bit of the drums, and the guitar DI's, but other than that, nothing was really done.
I'm not quite sure how to quantize yet. :(

im digging the mix so far man! just really gotta get those drums edited and it would sound sooo much better!

Everything was tracked to a click track, but I suck major ass at editing.

I edited a good bit of the drums, and the guitar DI's, but other than that, nothing was really done.
I'm not quite sure how to quantize yet. :(

are they MIDI or gog? either way i can help.

and if everything is MIDI, it's as simple as.... ctrl+a > Q.