Early Albums To Be Reissued With Bonus Tracks

Apr 24, 2002
Chicago, Illinois
www.novembersdoom.com
NOVEMBERS DOOM: Early Albums To Be Reissued With Bonus Tracks - Jan. 25, 2008
The End Records will reissue two early albums from Chicago's dark metal act NOVEMBERS DOOM this spring, both with new artwork, remastered and with bonus tracks. The LPs being reissued are the 1995 debut "Amid its Hallowed Mirth" and the group's 1999 sophomore effort, "Of Sculptured Ivy and Stone Flowers". Also scheduled for release in 2008 is the reissue of 2000's "The Knowing" and the band's first-ever DVD, titled "The Novella Vosselaar: Live in Belgium".

* "Amid its Hallowed Mirth" - Bonus tracks include: "Nothing Earthly Save the Thrill", "Seasons of Frost", and the complete 1990 "Scabs" demo: "Scarification", "Mammaliferous Earth", "Winter Solstice", "Crown of Thorns".

amid2008Cover.jpg

* "Of Sculptured Ivy and Stone Flowers" - Bonus tracks are recently recorded "clean" versions, which include "Serenity Remembered", "For Every Leaf That Falls", "Forever With Unopened Eye".

sculpturedivy2008.jpg

NICE!!!!!
Can't wait to have the SCABS demo.

Agreed, the Amid album cover is amazing.
Would make a nice shirt!

I take it the studio work was for the three clean versions of the "Ivy" tracks?

Nice to learn that I will finally have a copy of "Amid...". The only ND album that I miss in my collection.

But I don't like the new cover of "OSIASF". :erk:

Nice to learn that I will finally have a copy of "Amid...". The only ND album that I miss in my collection.

Wow, you don't have it???
That is a shame! Good thing it will be avail again.
This will be my third copy of this album.

Each re-release has something new to offer.

Paul - will there be any special Pre-Order via the End?

Wow, you don't have it???
That is a shame! Good thing it will be avail again.

I discovered Novembers Doom at early 2006 when I did a zapping through the UM official band forums. Some months later "Amid..." became out of print, so I lost the chance to get it.

This will be my third copy of this album.

Each re-release has something new to offer.

I agree, I'll probably get the "Of Sculptured..." reissue too, although I have the original, as the bonus tracks look very interesting.

Amid and Sculptured Ivy will be released at the same time. Later in the year, will be The Knowing, and then the DVD. We have another plan for the DVD, so its release has been delayed a bit.

The Knowing will be VERY special. We're going to remix the entire CD, since we have the original masters. It was recorded on ADATs back in the day, and now that it can be transferred into Protools, it can be re-mixed to sound like a brand new release. It also gives us the opportunity to fix anything that has bothered us all these years. I'm pretty excited to work on this one. The artwork for this one is also complete, and AMAZING.

Oh yeah, we started writing the next CD as well. :)

You're not going to remix "Silent Tomorrow" into nothingness are you?:p

And that Amid cover definitely captures the spirit of hallowed mirth.

Does that DVD have any of the acoustic set on it?