Earth on Hell Tour: Leg 2 discussion thread

I kinda agree with you. You know as they say,"you can't always please everyone". For me I'd ditch I'm Alive for the Constant or even better, a thrashier sounding song like Revolution Screams. And for the love of God, give POT more attention. Got the Time is FK'N not enough. It's only 3 minutes long. Fine. Play it. Get it out of the way to appease the casual fan in attendance. But please give another song some love.

im pretty confident they will mix it up,its a long tour and they will tweak it i hope.

Going to the last show in NYC (BestBuy Theatre) for sure. Missed them during their first go, but was also there for the first, "secret" BestBuy show. No matter the setlist, I am sure it will be fun.

Well, they can always change it up but I am glad I got to hear I'm Alive and In the End at least once.

I will say they had to do the set list they are doing as using the Arizona packed crowd as an example. It was half full of old school or slightly more and the rest were first timers.

If they keep getting back to headlining mostly and getting big crowds, I could see them changing it up just alittle bit.

They should ditch I Am The Law, I'm Alive and I'm the Man.

Ditch I'm the Man??? It's like the first time they've played it in what - 15 odd years - in part for that matter for all of a minute - and you call for its head already? Where's your sense of nostalgia??!!!

I just got back from the KC show. Scott's in the hospital, so they had all the other guitarists fill in:

Earth On Hell (w/ Eric Peterson)
Fight Em Til You Can't (w/ Eric Peterson)
Caught In A Mosh (w/ Eric Peterson)
Antisocial (w/ Eric Peterson)
I'm Alive (w/ Eric Peterson)
The Devil You Know (w/ Alex Skolnick)
Indians (w/ Alex Skolnick) (guest vocals from Chuck Billy)
In The End (w/ Rob Cavestany)
Got The Time (w/ Ted Aguilar)
Medusa (w/ Ted Aguilar)
====
Madhouse (as a 4-piece)
Metal Thrashing Mad (as a 4-piece)
I Am The Law (w/ Alex Skolnick)

Ditch I'm the Man??? It's like the first time they've played it in what - 15 odd years - in part for that matter for all of a minute - and you call for its head already? Where's your sense of nostalgia??!!!

I'm pretty sure it was a joke dude. And they played I'm The Man during the reunion tour.

I just got back from the KC show. Scott's in the hospital, so they had all the other guitarists fill in:

What's wrong with him? I hope it's nothing serious.

Earth On Hell (w/ Eric Peterson)
Fight Em Til You Can't (w/ Eric Peterson)
Caught In A Mosh (w/ Eric Peterson)
Antisocial (w/ Eric Peterson)
I'm Alive (w/ Eric Peterson)
The Devil You Know (w/ Alex Skolnick)
Indians (w/ Alex Skolnick) (guest vocals from Chuck Billy)
In The End (w/ Rob Cavestany)
Got The Time (w/ Ted Aguilar)
Medusa (w/ Ted Aguilar)
====
Madhouse (as a 4-piece)
Metal Thrashing Mad (as a 4-piece)
I Am The Law (w/ Alex Skolnick)

Hope Scott's okay, but this actually sounds quite interesting! How was it? Did it work?

It worked pretty well, considering everybody had a day to learn all the songs. Obviously it was a little rough around the edges, but it was still very much Anthrax. An example would be that Peterson didn't hold out notes for the beginning of Antisocial long enough, etc. Skolnick and Alguilar also did back up vocals when necessary.

As far as the four piece, it wasn't that different really. The only noticeable difference was no squeal at the beginning of Madhouse. Rob nailed it.

Also before they played Indians, Joey said it was from Spreading the Disease. Fail.

This next song called Indians is from the album Spreading The Disease YYEEAAH!

Anthrax-LAS-VEGAS-OCTOBER-20-Anthrax-singer-Joey-Belladonna-performs-du-105863704.jpg

Anybody that's going to a future show on the tour want to do me a favor and pick me up a Death angel shirt? I didn't have enough cash on me at the time, so I couldn't get it. If someone's willing to do it, PM me.

It's not a big deal to me though, since their leftovers usually end up on Indiemerch.

Allentown was a lot of fun on Monday night. Deathrider sounded fucking KILLER! Crowd was a lot rowdier than I expected in Allentown, but not so much as to ruin the show. Joey got me a setlist mid-set as well as 3 of Frank's picks throughout the night, and got one from Scott at the end. Met Scott and Rob after the show, also Gene, Joey Vera and Mark from Death Angel. Had a nice chat with Joey Belladonna too, first time I've had a chat with him at an Anthrax show which was cool! Also, they played just a bit of Time as a tease at the end of I Am The Law! :D

Setlist for anyone who is interested:
6841681455_c99aa619d3_z.jpg

Teasing us with something off persistence that's not GTT is not cool Anthrax. Not cool.

Charlie tweeted to wear purple tonight if you're going to the NYC show.

Which I'm guessing means either WCFYA or POT.