Earthside - New "cinematic" Prog band, amazing. WOW.

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
I wanted to break this one out of the Prog thread. It's freaking amazing, and I'm curious who is bank rolling this band as everything is so high caliber. Music, symphony, presentation, Travis Smith on art - all around high caliber band who presents themselves as having a "cinematic debut" album coming out called "A Dream in Static". I agree after seeing the video and hearing these tunes. Fantastic!

The band seems to be an instrumental band that features guest vocalists on the album. This is yet another instrumental group who's music is so awesome it enthralls me (you see that, I used enthralled in a sentence!).

Highly recommended:

http://www.earthsideband.com/

Mob Mentality feat. Lajon Witherspoon & MSSO:

Crater ft. Björn Strid:

Instrumental:

Last edited:
Yeah pretty good. I wonder how they are paying for the symphony and dancers also? Seems like a relatively unknown band shouldn't be able to afford paying all of those artists. I wouldn't put them ahead of Dream Theater or Symphony X based on music alone. Probably belongs in the prog thread heh, which sounds funny since you own the forum and made the prog thread, but just sayin.

I think it is out of pocket, ballsy man. If you read the "about" on their site, they all come from music schools or the like, and have background in doing an array of entertainment-ish stuff. Pretty impressive what they're doing, and it's at a level that a lot of signed bands don't even achieve quality wise.