East Coast dates are less than two weeks away. Don't be afraid to feed the zombies.

Will Bozarth

Everlasting Godstopper
Jan 26, 2002
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
We'll be hungry, so feed us the fetus.

GODDAMN ZOMBIE, opening for Novembers Doom, Woods of Ypres, and Gwynbleidd.

May 6 @ Ralph's in Worcester
May 7 @ Europa in Brooklyn
May 8 @ Mojo 13 in Wilmington

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very sad to say I will officially not be making it to this tour. Ralph's being 21+ and not having the cash to get a hotel in NY make it impossible for me to make it.

Well what I'd do in your situation is look into hostels instead of hotels. My cheap ass friend used to manage $80.00 a night and they opted for a private room.
Either that or bring a case of mountain dew then get something dece a couple hours out.

I am very sad to say I will officially not be making it to this tour. Ralph's being 21+ and not having the cash to get a hotel in NY make it impossible for me to make it.

In all seriousness, maybe talk to Will and see if GDZ can bring you in as a crew or "band" member. They usually don't card crew or bands, this way, you might be able to get into the Ralph's show. If they ask, Just say you lost your wallet in NY the night before... or were robbed in NY, and play on their heart strings. haha

I'd be more than happy to do that for you! What can they say? "You brought him from South Jersey. He has to wait outside."?!

I'm going to PM you my cell number. Shoot me a text so we can start communication about it. We'll figure out ... wait for it...

A MEEETIIIING PLACEEE AND TIIIIIIME!

I've seen the tactic work and fail. Last time ND was in state, some kids drove hours to see Agalloch but were under 21. From what I gather, Agalloch did everything in their power to try and help 'em out to no avail.
If the plan DOES fail, it's possible to hear shows from the rear parking lot. My suggestion is to keep out of sight of the rear door as the bouncer checks every once in awhile to make sure nobody is sneaking in.

Anyhow Paul suggested I share this info with you folks...
Nearest Hotel to Ralph's:
Courtyard Marriot on Grove St (within walking)

24 Hour places in area:
Walmart Supercenter 25 Tobias Boland Way Worcester
(It's been open close to a year so GPSes should be able to find it now. If not... it's the first or second exit off 146 out of Worcester then follow the signs.)

Pricechopper supermarket
564 Southwest Cutoff
Worcester, MA 01610
(address basically translates to just up Route 20 from its split with route 146 which in turn is right near Route 90).

Kenmore Diner
250 Franklin St
Worcester
(little 24 hour breakfast joint. Something of a shoe box and likely to have 3/4 of the show's population in attendance).

Denny's Restaurant
494 Lincoln St
Worcester, MA
(Larger than Kenmore but food isn't as fresh and it attracts a much worse crowd. The original Kenmore burnt down due to appliance issues. Denny's had a guy beaten to death for no real reason.)

If you think you'll need some bandages or OTC medication, check CVS.com for details on 24 hour locations. Note that while the word "pharmacy" is in the chain's full name, not every place will dispense non-OTC medication in the wee hours. Can't tell you if any of them do so I'd suggest calling if you think the need may arise.

Alcohol:

Breweries
Wormtown
455 Park Ave
Worcester
(Good beer but samples go you $10.00 at a bar in the family restaurant next door. Nice to be able to grab 64 oz of fresh beer until 10pm but not so nice having to hang in a lounge with sportsfans and old ladies for a pint)
Pioneer
195 Arnold Rd
Fiskdale, MA
(beer is comparable to Wormtown's-if not better for certain styles. Used to be an orchard so it's a nice rustic facility with a gorgeous bar. Also sell the 64oz and select 220z. varities)

Liquor Stores
The are package stores on every other corner for your basic Busch&Co type products. If you're a bit more picky try these places:

Mass Liquors
Chandler St
Worcester, MA
(Nice balance of selection and price. Last time I was in, signage indicated their normal price on Sam Adams and Long Trail undercut sales at some of the competition).

Austin Liquors
Gold Star Blvd
Worcester, MA
(It's a grovery-store sized liquor store. Tons of stuff. Mid-range prices.)

Julios Liquors
Route 9
Westborough, MA
(General rule is if a beer is distributed in Central Mass, Julio's will have it. They also stock a variety of meads, hot sauces, and I think started in on the hard ciders too.)

Bars
As Worcester is the 2nd or 3rd biggest city in New England (depending on the census) there are tons of bars around. For the cheap stuff, Ralph's is pretty average so I'm not going to go into those too much.

Hotel Vernon
Kelley Square
Worcester
($2.00 drafts and men who never leave their stools. A dive bar that is actually well... a dive bar).

Dive Bar
Green St.
Worcester
(Craft beer bar. Not really so much of a dive, comparatively speaking.)

Armsby Abbey
Main St.
Worcester
(Up until 10, these guys have a pretty awesome kitchen that churns out locally sourced foodstuffs. After that, there's some amazing stuff on tap until 2am and a pretty badass selection of bottles to boot. Sister location of the Dive Bar).

Geeky stuff:
That's Entertainment
Park Ave
Worcester
(Spirit Award winning comic shop that also serves other areas of geekdom equally as well. Got myself a Sega Saturn, a Khanstuffed animal, and a boxed Mr. T doll here).

Higgins Armory
Worcester (just off 190)
(An arms/armor museum. Some seriously cool pieces ranging from viking wear to early guns and shiz.)

Anyhow my shift is over. Later, gator.