East Coast Tour

picapj71

New Metal Member
Jun 11, 2003
Binghamton, NY
www.oneonta.edu
I'm such a fag-groupy wanna-be. I've been to every Maidens show out here. Sat in Binghamton, Sun in Syracuse, Wed in NYC, Thur in Ithaca, and it looks as though I'll be there at Nikstock/Rainstock this Saturday. When I have a little more time I'll prepare a synopsis. I'll even go into the details of Breakfast with Alex Skolnick.

Do female bands have groupies? I gotta laugh at how much harder man groupies gotta work at it. It's like a bad cable comedy skit.

Male band: "You can go on the bus and blow me, honey."
Female band: "You're pretty hot, dude. Come on the bus and I'll let you eat me."

The whole difference between men and women can be summed in the improbability of the second example. I think that if women would just request a casual eating once in a while, then world peace would follow.

Set an example for all other women to follow, Maidens!!!!! Be eaten by unnamed strangers, and tell your stories to all your chick buddies. "Yeah, that man-groupie eats like a pig at a trough. He swallowed and everything! SUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe I can get him and his little brother to do a three way!!!!!! Come on you ditch-licking boy-toy, don't waste any."

Ah, if only all things were analogus.

When you Maidens come out for East Coast Tour II, can Phantom Blue warm up? Would it be possible for a Tribute band to share members with, and be warmed up by, an all-original group. I gotta say yes.

I might be mistaken, but I sense that you Maiden's don't take yourselves too seriously when it comes to perfoming in a tribute band. Just seriously enough to perform the parts impeccably.

I can't think of better way for an all-female band to get their originals heard by a receptive crowd than to warm up for The World's Only All-Female Tribute to Iron Maiden. As long as your wardrobe was significantly different....like that rockin' wig. Then you could justify quitting the day-jobs and doing this full-time.

I can't have been the first person to think of this.

Oy vey! :ill:

I think I can safely predict that the first post will be deleted or heavily edited. Do remember, two of the girls are married and the other three have significant others in their lives (unless something's changed while the girls have been out of my sight this last week while I've been working 80 hour weeks at my job. I'm glad THAT shit is finally over for me over here). I will agree though that a lot of sexual frustration would be solved in this world if people would just communicate with each other what they want.

As for Phantom Blue opening for the Maidens, please remember that Linda has to play drums for BOTH bands. I know how tired she is after gigs where's she's played 90+ minutes so I'd hate to think the kind of torture that she would have to be put through to play two sets of material! Add on top of this load in and load out? :yell: AAAUUUGGGHHH!!!

It is not true that all men are one way and all women another. I have met many females who are, shall we say, liberal, with their sexuality and many men who are discriminating about their sexuality. And, I think that everyone is aware of the double standard involved with this issue (one is called "slut", the other "stud", for example).

However, suggesting that women who do not behave that way, should start to behave that way will not help your cause.