Easy way to find new movies to watch

ledzepfan21

New Metal Member
Feb 8, 2004
Yo-
Found this site that recommends movies based upon your personality and some kind of computer analysis. I tried it out and it gave me Requiem for a dream, Fight Club, and City of God (I've loved all 3) and then it told me to rent Rushmore- which I haven't seen, so I'm going to go rent that tonight. I was curious if this site is bullshit- cause it seems to work- so I was wondering if y'all had heard of it or tried it out? I figure since you guys are metalheads like me you'd be interested in this kind of site. Let me know whatcha think- the website: http://www.whattorent.com :hotjump:

- Gary :headbang:

Hmm.. so far, I've been recommended a few movies and I haven't seen either three. In the Bedroom, The Man That Wasn't There, and The Virgin Suicides.

Now it's starting to name off movies I've enjoyed. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Citizen Kane, Pi, Legends of the Fall... Hmm.. perhaps it does work.

Virgin Suicides is pretty good, I liked it

it doesnt seem to work for me, haven't watched any of the movies it recommended... then again I dont watch many films. It did mention one of my favourites, Almost famous...

clicking is addictive

nice website.

my first five suggestions:
- the man who wasn't there
- igby goes down
- the hustler
- reservoir dogs
- the royal tenenbaums.

has anyone seen igby goes down?

xenophobe said:
I would recommend:

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
12 Monkeys
The Others
Fight Club
American Beauty
seen them all :p

*goes and browses through his collection now*

Violet Baudelaire said:
it doesnt seem to work for me, haven't watched any of the movies it recommended... then again I dont watch many films.
Well it's suppose to suggest movies according to your tastes...not to suggest movies you already saw. So if it suggested movies you enjoyed you should note the ones you haven't seen and try to rent them later. ;)

For me it seemed quite close to my tastes. I enjoyed many of the movies that were suggested to me, so I'll try the ones I haven't seen. Thx for that link! :Spin:

This test knows me and i still haven't finished it :rolleyes:
It asked about how many movies i had seen among 10, and i had seen them all, many of which are among my favourites.

xenophobe said:
wow... that must have taken a bit of your time :loco:
lol, i didn't know you were waiting for my opinion. well, you have some really interesting movies there (being john malkovich, existenz, fear and loathing in las vegas, gattaca, one flew over the cuckoo's nest, the wall, etc.).
when you'll get: the big lebowski, memento, cube + hypercube it will be a supercoolcollection. of course you have to give american pie away :p