Easy way to find new movies to watch

wow! this is good.

1. A Clockwork Orange (ceen it. love it)
2. 8½ (ceen it. love it)
3. Run Lola Run (downloading at the moment) <- winner!

mourningstar said:
lol, i didn't know you were waiting for my opinion. well, you have some really interesting movies there (being john malkovich, existenz, fear and loathing in las vegas, gattaca, one flew over the cuckoo's nest, the wall, etc.).
when you'll get: the big lebowski, memento, cube + hypercube it will be a supercoolcollection. of course you have to give american pie away :p
Yeah, I need to get the big lebowski... haven't seen Memento, but the cube? Was it really that good a movie?

And American Pie was funnny dammit! :p American Wedding (pt 3) was hillarious as well. :Spin:

xenophobe said:
but the cube? Was it really that good a movie?
the cube is fantastic. the hypercube is good, too (even if not as much as the cube), but for another reason: here there are more "special effects" and the rooms are better made, but it lacks the "philosophical approach" of the first one to leave room to some government conspiracy. the thumbs up thing of the hypercube is the introduction of another dimension (time) and that's pretty yummy to figure out how it could be and talk about the parallel universes and whatnot.
i've heard there will be a next movie of the series, let's see if it's good, but since i loved the first one so much i'm afraid i'm going to be disappointed somehow.

edit: get memento and you'll thank me ;)

Soulburner said:
The Cube is not good movie, it's fucking incredible movie! One of the best I've seen. Very low-budget, but the idea is really interesting.
*pats soul on the back*

While we're (vaguely) on topic here, I'd like to recommend I movie I just saw in an advance screening last night, I absolutely loved it! :D

Be warned though, it is Australian, so it may not be commercially available as of yet. I wanna find a DVD rip of it to take with me. :cry:

Oh, here's the thread where I discussed it:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136632

It's called 'A Perfect Day'

I didn't enjoy the cube that much...I liked it at first cuz it was original and kinda weird but the movie is repetitive and I was kinda disapointed in the end. Can someone explain what was so great in this movie? Maybe I was tired when I saw it and I didn't get what was great about it. :erk:

one of the things i liked best in the cube were the metaphors one could see in the cube, what's outside the cube (and why it's not worth seeing it, at the end), who created/moves the cube. life? the struggle to find a meaning to it? god?
(and i loved the authistic guy :) as-tro-no-mi-cal).

that's why i said the first movie is more "philosophical", while in the hypercube you are guided to find a more trivial explanation, even if it keeps making your mind wonder about interesting concepts.