Ebay question-Help

drunkard

Like Sin Explode
May 18, 2007
Greece
www.myspace.com
So I won this auction where the seller clearly states that he doesnt sent to Europe.First I contacted him and ask him hey man I am from Greece will you send the guitar and said no.But by mistake I already made a bid(didnt notice the postage details)and now I won this auction.The seller says ok man ,you won the auction so I ll send it no prob.The thing is ,do I risk my money now that I will pay ?I mean,he says clearly no international shipment,but I won it and now he is willing to send the guitar.I have messages from him through ebay who he clearly says ok I will ship it.But does Ebay cover me in such occassion?Plz let me know

Thanks

well you know if I pay and he doesnt send the guitar how am I supposed to explain my situation?He can easilly say I said no international bidders,so you aint alowed from the beginning to bid so I dont send the guitar .Or am I overreacting a little :lol:?

I'd say overreacting a little, man. Thats okay, though. I do the same thing. You (probably) worked hard for your money and handing it over to someone you cant see or deal with in person can be a bit daunting. If he changed his mind and now says that he'll ship it to you... I dont see what there is to worry about. I'm sure the dude is just happy to sell the axe because he most likely has something else in mind he needs the money for.
Remember,
in through the nose
out through the mouth
and repeat.

Well, the Revolver Pro is selling on Musician's Friend new for 700 and the cheapest coffin case listed was 120 bucks brand new... I'd say it'd come down the shipping costs.

For a start you should have read the shipping info before bidding, but hey its done now. Chances are the guy thinks its less hassle to send the guitar to you, than it is to give it to another bidder and take a lower price for it.

I'd say overreacting a little, man. Thats okay, though. I do the same thing. You (probably) worked hard for your money and handing it over to someone you cant see or deal with in person can be a bit daunting. If he changed his mind and now says that he'll ship it to you... I dont see what there is to worry about. I'm sure the dude is just happy to sell the axe because he most likely has something else in mind he needs the money for.
Remember,
in through the nose
out through the mouth
and repeat.

Well, the Revolver Pro is selling on Musician's Friend new for 700 and the cheapest coffin case listed was 120 bucks brand new... I'd say it'd come down the shipping costs.

Thanks man for your words.Look its not this model its the elite one.mahogany neck through 5a quilt maple color.Transparent black.Emg 81 .sustainer.

Do you use Paypal?
That would give you some kind of insurance.

Although many say US shipping only they are usually willing
to send internationally if you are offering him more money
and you pay the shipping charges.

yeh ebay does protect you for X amount of money...plus if you got the emails with him stating hell send it to u then u should be in the clear dude, doesnt sound like you have anything to worry about