Echo Layla 3G

jhrv

Mar 27, 2007
A friend of mine is selling me an Echo Layla 3G interface. Is it good?

-Pros?
-Cons?

I don't know anything about the Layla, but I can tell you that I have the Audiofire 12 and I dig it a lot.

I have one and use it everyday!!

It's a great piece of hardware.... the converters in this thing rock for the price!!
The two preamps are great too!

8in/8out, 2preamps, midi, ADAT name it!

:kickass:

10 out of 10
"The most capable and versatile soundcard in the Break-Out Box market"

Feature:
Came with Tracktion v1 which is ASIO but I use it with Adobe Audition which uses WDM drivers but the Layla 3G works with both systems. Very Versatile

Quality:
The Layla 3G is a sturdy aluminium case style box and very nice looking but the front knobs are a bit slippy. Maybe a little knarling might help grip

Value:
For what this unit does, I think it would be hard to get the quality and versatility for the price paid for it.

Sound:
The recorded sound quality is absolutely pristine. Even using a Shure SM58 it picks up everything just like a condenser and distorted guitars through a 10 year old Zoom 9030 is clean.

Support:
So far haven't needed support in 3 months

Overall:
I would say if I need to replace this product for what I need it for within 5 years it's because I won the lottery or it got broke by the kids. Other than that I want my 5 year old to use it when he's 20

Submitted: 6/10/2005
Style of Music: Rock
Did you find this review helpful? Thanks for your opinion!
9 out of 10
Echo Layla 3G Interface Customer Review

Feature:
Piles of features, has most of what you need. Everything provides works well.

Quality:
My only gripe is the preamp and headphone knobs which are below par... very plasticky and shoddy feel to them. Otherwise, everyhting else is solid and very pleasing aesthetically.

Value:
Great value... works well for me.

Desirability:
Very well.

Sound:
Rock solid unit, clean clear converters, and pretty good preamps.

Support:
Drivers work well and are rock solid. However, they should have released new ones long time ago to help with improving latency to the levels which are achievable with this card.

Submitted: 7/12/2005
Style of Music: contemporary - various styles

-----------------

pulled those 2 reviews off zzsounds - might help your decision