Edge of Sanity underrated

Soilwork is a bag of proceseed CHEESE, just had to get that off of my chest. EOS is the best death metal band I have ever heard, and The Spectral Sorrows is the album that taught me how to inject melody into brutal death metal, it is still one of my favorite albums (everything from unorthodox to crimson was GOLDEN). I think EOS is underappreciated for the most part which is an absolute shame, wish there was a way to get the newer metalheads into them.

Simple solution: Play them Crimson. That song changes people's thoughts and makes 'em re-evaluate what 'good' metal is, lol.

I tried that with a few of my friends but they did not want to listen to a song that long at first...but, after I played them some single cuts from Unorthodox/Spectral/Purgatory they DID want to hear Crimson, and now both of them have and love all of those albums. I still try to get as many new people into EOS as I can to this day.

Kiekan, I pity those who consider newer In Flames to be death metal. I also pity those who believed them when they said 'we're going back to our original style' because Cum Clarity is the most disgusting piece of emo shite in the world.

Ha, that's great (emo shite)! In Flames suck it now, but I did like Lunar Strain. Too bad their singer is a woman.

If the older albums didn't sound so bad sound quality wise, I'm sure a lot more
people would listen to them.

The music owns, but the production doesn't :erk:

If the older albums didn't sound so bad sound quality wise, I'm sure a lot more
people would listen to them.

The music owns, but the production doesn't :erk:

I guess production matters less to me than others...when the music is that good, I just don't care (like the first Emperor album), but I think the production on every album after Unorthodox is really OK, not great though. I actually think a lot of bands nowadays are overproduced, giving the music a mechanical and less organic or natural sound, and I don't like it at all.