I Just Realized...... New Bloodbath = New Edge of Sanity!

Master_Debater

Usurper of the Goat
Jan 19, 2004
Olympia, WA & Dallas, TX
www.garageband.com
Does anyone else get that feeling? I know that each member of Bloodbath wrote some of the songs themselves...... after giving the whole album a listen, it has that Edge of Sanity feel, you know?

Now if we could only get Dan to do some backing growls, I mean, the dude TAUGHT Akerfeldt to growl, and his work in Edge of Sanity was phenomenal and ground breaking.

Enough of the ass kissing for tonight.

I kind of agree. We have Dan tunes, typical Swanö-death metal in good shape, and then Jonas stuff kind of qualifies as the stuff that would've been written by dread on an old EoS record, a bit more straightforward. Nyström has his own style in writing, not really comparable with anything in EoS, but I guess those songs could pass as response to the co-written songs on an old EoS one. So, yeah, you have an idea.

Now if we could only get Dan to do some backing growls, I mean, the dude TAUGHT Akerfeldt to growl, and his work in Edge of Sanity was phenomenal and ground breaking.
I might be wrong about this, but I think he already does some, e.g. the fantastic backings in Brave New Hell

I think Bloodbath sounds fuck all like Edge of Sanity, to be honest.

What's the name of that one Edge of Sanity song that sounds so much like Hawkwind?

Sounds like Hawkwind?
Which song should that be? Older or newer? Narf...think it's a bad joke that anything should sound so. Maybe u mean "Star One" with their "Hawkwind Medley" ?!

I only know:
- Warrior on the Edge of Time
- Hall of the Mountains Grill
- Doremi Fasol Latido

Sturmbringer said:
Sounds like Hawkwind?
Which song should that be? Older or newer? Narf...think it's a bad joke that anything should sound so. Maybe u mean "Star One" with their "Hawkwind Medley" ?!

I only know:
- Warrior on the Edge of Time
- Hall of the Mountains Grill
- Doremi Fasol Latido

Hall of the Mountains Grill??? Is that like some sort of grim and necro Sports Bar?

mattcira said:
Hall of the Mountains Grill??? Is that like some sort of grim and necro Sports Bar?
Sounds like somebody making fun of Mr. Grieg and his musical interpretation of :worship: Peer Gynt.

I don't really agree, maybe Dan's contribution songs (there are just four of em on Nightmares Made Flesh CD as far as I know) sound a bit like Edge of Sanity, but its not blatantly obvious. The other songs dont really sound Swano-ish. And as to the growling point, Swano sure is a freaking awesome growler (and he did the back growling @ Brave New Hell and Eaten didnt he?) as well as a clean singer, as of Nightingale for instance.

Jingjang said:
I don't really agree, maybe Dan's contribution songs (there are just four of em on Nightmares Made Flesh CD as far as I know) sound a bit like Edge of Sanity, but its not blatantly obvious. The other songs dont really sound Swano-ish. And as to the growling point, Swano sure is a freaking awesome growler (and he did the back growling @ Brave New Hell and Eaten didnt he?) as well as a clean singer, as of Nightingale for instance.

I agree with you, I actually felt several of the songs Dan wrote sounded like Infestdead style both with the Satanic lyrics and the fast straight-forward music. I don't think there will be anymore Infestdead CD's, so Bloodbath is Dan's outlet for that more pure death metal style. I did hear some Edge of Sanity in the songs though, but it was Infernal style.