Of course there can be a new Edge Of Sanity album. I am there.

Crimson 2 = my MOST anticipated release currently.

I...CANNOT...WAIT. This may seem kiss ass, but Dan is the best, EVER.

Dan > Everyone.
Dan > All the other EOS guys.
Dan > Me.
Dan > You.

*catches breathe after kissing so much ass*

You fucking go for it man! Crimson 2 \m/

I´m sure it will be a great album, but i will miss Bennys drums.
I guess there is no chance that you will play live with this new Edge of sanity???

Dan Swanö said:
Hi Dragonisle...

Just a question..did you feel the same about the band DEATH when Chuck outed all the other guys before Human?? (I once saw them live without Chuck, and that was the most awful thing I have ever seen...) just curious

I saw Edge Of Sanity without Dan 1998. That was about the most dissapointing show I have ever seen. You could hardly hear what they were playing and the vocals on "Black Tears" we should not talk about. After about six songs the band stopped playing and went for beer instead. Bloody lucky that The Crown also played that night so it was worth the trip anyway.

"Why are you all so worried about what it's called, and not what it'll sound like?"

Because what it's called gives us preconceived notions about what it SHOULD sound like. If it were a Dan Swano solo album, it could sound like anything. But, we've all got standards of what a disc should be in order for it to dissociate itself from being a solo album, and, indeed, being a true EOS album.

What you say is true, that what it sounds like is the most important thing at the end of the day, but what it's called is all we have to judge how it will sound at this point.

Embla said:
Yes, and Hello :)

*back from a brilliant weekend in Valstorp*

Cool, it's you. :Spin:
Do you know that we once met? :D
Nico and me were at summer holiday in Sweden 1999 and we wanted to visit Dan, but he wasn't there, so you have been so nice and opened the door for us and we had a little talk. Really nice. You have been listening to Arena that moment we came, and we asked you if it was the new Anathema.

OMG!! Ghhhhreaaaat ! Another crimson cd?! Excuse me, I need to go out of the room for a sec... *!*

M A H N , this one will blow the shit out of scene. And lets face it, EOS without Dan is top of the shits, so come on - dont question his "right" to do another EOS cd. IM DYING TO HEAR THIS!!!!

Unicorn said:
Cool, it's you. :Spin:
Do you know that we once met? :D
Nico and me were at summer holiday in Sweden 1999 and we wanted to visit Dan, but he wasn't there, so you have been so nice and opened the door for us and we had a little talk. Really nice. You have been listening to Arena that moment we came, and we asked you if it was the new Anathema.

trying to hit on dan's wife?? :hotjump:

OH my, am i glad to see i´m not the only one who listens just to "dan's tracks" on Infernal!! theehee

If I had a uterus I would like to carry your baby Dan
:lol: i doubt you'd say that after a decent education on all the horrors of childbirth :p

now. Dan, one question here, if i may..
what you mean by "your EOS".. well.. i get the feeling you're meaning "your EOS sound", and thus one can assume that this sound has never really left, i mean, that in the end you did different music because you went on to different names..
0r would you have made the same music you did under all those other band names, only under the name of EOS, had you gotten it in the first place?
bah, it´s 4 in the morning and i´m in the middle of exam studies, so i´m sorry if my ponder is a bit confusing. but i guess the main gist of it is: if you had gotten the EOS name, would you have written EOS music or would you have gone on to all those other types of sounds you have done throughout the years?
The reason i´m asking, is because i always saw it as EOS having this special sound to it, and well.. each "project" and band name and all those having their own sound to them (mayhap only due to them being done with other people and those people bringing their own sound/character to the project with you, etc). i mean, when i think of you doing another EOS thingie, i immediately think of it in the vein of old EOS, even though i know it would never sound exactly like that, but that it would be more like EOS than it would be like the other projects. Would that be fairly safe for me to keep assuming?

he is not God (though he is pretty damn close)
:lol: and to think that people look at me funny whenever i either declare or try to explain that :rolleyes:

Hey, that's super inside info for you

hehe, so you're the one who has all the goodie gossip?

@starchild@aol..... Who are you? Can you tell us (me) a bit about yourself? Also, is it possible I have bought something from you on Ebay??? Your name is familiar.

I see Dan has made a new thread out of this topic we already had going, so I will copy/paste my opinion waaaaaay back when I wrote it when this all got started. By now I see others have already expanded on what I had to say but I'll just add my 2 cents anyhow.

Dan seems to think that this Crimson II project will get more attention if it is made under the EOS title, and since that name is available again now that rest of the guys fulfilled the fan's prophecies by failing without Dan, I don't see any problem with him using the name of HIS old band. Sure it will be a different lineup now, but Dan has been and always will be the only key ingredient to the band and so this seems totally rational and fair to me. This same concept can be seen all over the music industry, and for a long time now. How many members have been through Megadeth? Does anyone care as long as Dave Mustaine is there? No.

"How many members have been through Megadeth? Does anyone care as long as Dave Mustaine is there? No."

Yes. I have only ever heard the albums with Marty Friedman on them, and am only interested in hearing those albums :D
Marty = win :D

Embla said:
Of course I remember you boys visiting. :wave: I think you left me with some odd honey vodka, and something home made... or was that somebody else? (I'm old, I forget ;))

No, that was us. :D

And you played in a band called Claret! Visit again sometime... but we've moved... and should you ring on our old door bell, it's very likely that Peter of Opeth's old girlfriend would open the door! Hey, that's super inside info for you ;)

Rock etc.

NP: Sabbat - Dreamweaver

Nice that you can remember. I have to tell that Nico, I think he likes to hear that. :)

John plays "System of a down"? Cool, seems that he turnes out to be a rocker. :hotjump:

yourdeadgroom said:
"How many members have been through Megadeth? Does anyone care as long as Dave Mustaine is there? No."

Yes. I have only ever heard the albums with Marty Friedman on them, and am only interested in hearing those albums :D
Marty = win :D

Bargh! You're missing out on some awesome crazy Chris Poland shit!

Friedman > Poland...yes. But still...Poland had some amazing chops in his time with the band.

(no people, not literal chops :Smug: )

Metal88 said:
@starchild@aol..... Who are you? Can you tell us (me) a bit about yourself? Also, is it possible I have bought something from you on Ebay??? Your name is familiar.

I see Dan has made a new thread out of this topic we already had going, so I will copy/paste my opinion waaaaaay back when I wrote it when this all got started. By now I see others have already expanded on what I had to say but I'll just add my 2 cents anyhow.

Hmm, my name is Charles Zobel and I live in New York City, Howard Beach to be precise. I probably did buy something off of ebay from you since Im there often. What is your ebay ID? I am cuurently 24 years old, a high school teacher and part time metal guru. I got into metal in 94 and have over 2000 cds including all of Dans. My favorite things in life are:

Food, CDs, cats (I have three), and females (usually of the human variety)

I live a generally boring life but it suits me fine! :p Currently Im trying to keep my job since NYC is gutting the education department.

Hmm what else do you want to know about me? Is there a way to put a pic of yourself on this thing?

Charles

And now an ode to Dan....

"Oh DANNY boy... The pipes the pipes are flowing! ...Oh Danny boy! :D

Embla said:
(because they'd tell you the things *I* did! ;))

:lol: somehow, i get the feeling i´d find those stories of you to be much more interesting :p

starchild, a high school teacher? ooohh, that´s the part where you should brainwash all those kiddies into worshipping metal :p seeing as they have to hand in assignments to you anyway, no reason why they couldn't be about something metal-related :D

starchild, a high school teacher? ooohh, that´s the part where you should brainwash all those kiddies into worshipping metal

Oh trust me I do! I have a little clan of 10 now, showing them stuff like Deicide Corpse and Samael. One of them calls me their Obewan Konobi! Alas Edge of Sanity has all but been forgotten among the new schoolers. See Dan why you shoulda kept the name!! :yell::D lol noone remembers you already!

This is a wierd alternative school. Most of the students are of the ages 18-22, so I am technically teaching people my own age. Its a like one big party overthere!

Im very good at binging out peoples dark sides. I turned one born again Christian kid into carnage seeking death metaler. I was so proud!
goggly.gif
Of couse that also got him kicked out of his house :erk: but then life aint perfect right? :cool: