Edguy: New album details revealed.

I will blindly buy the new album, and I trust that it will be good. I thought Rocket Ride was brilliant, I still listen to that on a regular basis.

I will blindly buy the new album, and I trust that it will be good. I thought Rocket Ride was brilliant, I still listen to that on a regular basis.
Me too on point one. Not in love with RR, but I do find it enjoyable and like to give it a spin when hanging on the deck and want something fun and light. So much diss for Edguy; I'm surprised. I know they are suppose to be a "serious, evil" metal band, but geez, I always find them entertaining even when they're being silly and light. I think they do it better than so many others who make it their main forte.

I'd have to hear it before buying it, but if I liked what I heard I'd add it to the purchase list. Rocket Ride was half good .. as was Hellfire Club, and the latest Avantasia. I actually purchased all three of those releases, but it's rare that I purchase anything without hearing it before hand .. no blind buys here.

Britt

I'm very sympathetic to the idea that downloading music is stealing it, but downloading it just to listen to it and judge if you want it is equivalent to listening to a friend's copy. If you bring a CD to my house and play it for me, how is that different from you emailing it to me?

Now with Edguy I'm buying blind because they've never disappointed me. But after building up a large metal CD collection in which perhaps a quarter are lemons I learned the value of downloading and checking it out first pretty quickly if it's a new band or one with a poor track record.

Of course, if there are sufficient samples on the band or label's site, I won't download. But I've been misled before by bands giving us 30-second snippets of one or two of their strongest songs and misleading you into thinking the whole album is good.

Who would blind buy Edguy these days? Why would most people blind buy anything with the resources we have?

Me. Edguy is one of several bands I will blind buy from. Every album they have ever done has netted at LEAST 5 great songs in my opinion so I don't hesitate with an Edguy album. I want to support the band and put a "plus one" in the CDs sold column. I agree there is a strong role for legally previewing albums given current technology, especially with unproven bands, but with Edguy being one of my favorite acts, I have no problem purchasing that album as soon as it's available.

Sounds like they are getting softer and softer, my interest is lost, but ill grab it when its leaked i guess

WOW!! You have an uncanny ability to take Toby's statement and KNOW they are getting softer. I wish I had your abilities!! :rolleyes: Does rms = really mental shit??

I will also add my thanx to you for stealing music. :rolleyes:

I will buy Edguy blind until they put out something where I hate the majority of the songs. I liked RR, but thought it was weaker than most of their catalog. I really liked HC. My favs are Mandrake, Theater of Salvation and Vain Glory Opera.

Peace,
Chris :headbang:

There are certain bands that I've grown to support over the years and just "blind buy". Edguy is one of these bands, because I personally think Tobi is incappable of writing a bad song! :lol: Yep, I'm a fanboy. I liked Rocket Ride as well as anything they've ever done, because I took it for what it was. If you don't think F*#king With Fire is funny/entertaining, then you need to get a sense of humor! :p

~Brian~

If a friend buys it, remember, you're not supposed to listen to it.:)

What if the person buying it is not my friend? It'd be ok, right? :lol:

RR is not my favorite Edguy. That being said, I'll give them another chance based on their past work. BTW, I think Scarecrow is better than RR. I listened to it, liked it, then bought it (oops!! don't want to stray into the downloading debate!!!)

I just think that the guys have progressed/changed (whatever you want to call it) from a Euro Power Metal act into a more Hard rock based act over the last 2 albums and can't really see them going back.It's a natural change for them i'm sure and not quite a METALLICA money grabber i think.I don't mind the new stuff but i really think they peaked at Mandrake and prob won't put out a Mandrake part 2 for another 10 years when sales and credability plummitt and they get desperate like QUEENSRYCHE or HELLOWEEN.:lol: