Edguy Plays Orlando Florida on His B'Day!!!

Jayne

New Metal Member
Nov 12, 2002
Visit site
It sucks that I had to miss PP111 this year,but it is sooo cool that Edguy is coming to Orlando,Florida on November 20th. www.orlandosocial.com. / Powerofmetal1.com. I am such an Edguy fan that I even know that his B'day is on November 21st,how cool is that, that all his fans get to celebrate his B'day with him at midnight. He is such a jokester that I am sure this show will be one I will never forget. I hope to get his Autograph!!!

Let me tell you, Edguy did NOT disappoint the crowd last night. THey were incredible. There were fans that didn't know much from Edguy before the show that were in awe last night. They may have been the hilight of the night though some Blind Guardian fans may disagree. I would have loved to seen a full set from these guys instead of just an hour.

Oh, and they did have a little surprise last night;)

John
Underground Zine Scene
http://www.geocities.com/zinescene.geo

Yeah, Edguy were nothing short of amazing. They were definitely (so far) this year's "Angel Dust", as discussed on the thread about which band was going to come through and blow everyone away. I'm sure that many BG fans will swear up and down that Guardian's set was better, and while it was definitely a good set, and probably more entertaining to a rabid Blind Guardian fan than Edguy's set (by sheer factor of song recognition), anyone who really thinks that Blind Guardian had a more solid, tight set than Edguy last night is kidding themselves, in my opinion.

Ryan

Originally posted by Se7enChurches
Yeah, Edguy were nothing short of amazing. They were definitely (so far) this year's "Angel Dust", as discussed on the thread about which band was going to come through and blow everyone away. I'm sure that many BG fans will swear up and down that Guardian's set was better, and while it was definitely a good set, and probably more entertaining to a rabid Blind Guardian fan than Edguy's set (by sheer factor of song recognition), anyone who really thinks that Blind Guardian had a more solid, tight set than Edguy last night is kidding themselves, in my opinion.

Ryan

I want to know some songs Blind Guardian played because I'm going to the Blind Guardian + Symphony X concert on November 26th at Culture Room.
Let me know the whole setlist or some songs they played!! Thanks

I'm not qualified to give you a setlist because I'm not familiar with all their stuff... I'll list what I remember, and this is not in ANY order (well, it's me going through the tracklists of all their albums at bnrmetal.com and listing the tracks I remember them playing)... once again, this is INCOMPLETE (to the tune of being half to 2/3 of what they played, at most)...

Valhalla
Welcome to Dying
Lord of the Rings
Lost in the Twilight Hall
Bard's Song
Imaginations from the Other Side
Script for my Requiem
Mordred's Song
Bright Eyes
Nightfall
Mirror Mirror
Time Stands Still (At the Iron Hill)
The Soulforged

Ryan (hope that helped)

Here's what I thought.

Edguy stage performance - 10
Blind Guardian stage performance - 10
Edguy's bonus points for sticking around both nights (not fair to Blind Guardian cause they didn't have a choice, but still) - 2

Edguy and Blind Guardian were both equal in performance I thought, but the fact that Edguy was gracious enough to schmooze with us and be very nice to their fans bumped them up a tad.