Edguy recording new album!

It actually took me a couple years to appreciate the second half of Tinnitus. Always thought the first half wasn't bad but something about the songs after Dragonfly took ages to click with me. Thorn Without A Rose's verses aren't all that amazing in my opinion, but the chorus is really good! Dead or Rock's verses are a bit meh too, to be honest. Good live number however! :lol:

The only tunes I like off TS are "Pride of Creation" and "Thorn Without A Rose" (the latter may be due to its Bon Jovi-esque chorus, although I'm not really a Bon Jovi fan). "Sex Fire Religion" has an awful chorus. Awful.

I think I read an interview in which Tobi said 'Sex Fire Religion' is what metal should sound like... yikes.

Album art:

AgeOfTheJoker-Cover.jpg

(Tentative) )Track listing:

1. "Robin Hood"
2. "Nobody's Hero"
3. "Rock of Cashel"
4. "Pandora's Box"
5. "Breathe"
6. "Two Out of Seven"
7. "Fire on the Downline"
8. "Behind the Gates to Midnight World"

+ bonus

Projected Release: August 2011

Me likey those song titles. Only 8 songs, though? Doesn't seem like much, unless they're of a longer-than-average length. I wonder if this will sound like Tinnitus or if there will be more power metal... very curious to see where this album takes the boys!

As for the art, it works and it isn't necessarily bad but it does feel very uninspired to me. It reminds me of the Tinnitus cover a lot, except with a more regal wallpaper backdrop and a jester/clown on the front instead of a statue of Jesus.

Got the Edguy Fanclub Newsletter last night and the guy who writes gives it a track-by-track summary of what each song is like and his thoughts on them. Sounding very promising! Sounds like it's a very varied album, taking influences from nearly all their back catalogue in some way, as well as other, some-unexpected influences.

Sounds like it's generally not as heavy or as Hard-Rock influenced as Tinnitus, but some bits of some songs are heavier than others. Doesn't give any indication of the length of the songs, although the last song sounds quite epic in particular!

He and the other journalists who were there for the listen were told they would most likely be 9 tracks on the eventual final album, but were only given 8 to listen to. Whether the 9th track will just be a Bonus for a Limited Edition version of the album remains to be seen.

Looking forward to this album even more now!

Yay! I listened to an interview with Tobi in which he said it's a little bit more symphonic than Tinnitus. I'm getting more and more excited...

Oh, it wasn't that bad, and the art was all right! :p There were a lot of great songs on that album, in my opinion.

... would be nice if Age of the Joker had a song reminiscent of Theater of Salvation though :D