Edguy recording new album!

That's a big disappointment. I was expecting more in the vein of New Age Messiah. It's more modern than Vain Glory Opera and Theater Of Salvation. But the hard rock stuff from Rocket Ride and Tinnitus doesn't sound very tempting it's just a symphonic Tinnitus we're seeing. It kinda bother me that Edguy, Rhapsody of Fire and especially Stormwarrior are on a shaky ride at the moment. Newcomers are even better than those three today.

Rhapsody on a shaky ride? No way!

And I wouldn't have gotten my hopes up for something like New Age Messiah anyway - that was a number of years ago and simply a B-side anyway!

It sounds like a very intriguing and promising mixture of an album to me. I don't expect them to just try and make 'Theater of Salvation' or <insert favourite album here> part two, nor do I want them to.

I'm not saying it's definitely gonna be a great album, but if most of the different elements sound great and compliment each other, we could be in for a treat! Also, I really liked most of 'Rocket Ride' in general, so if it has some of those vibes going too, I'm not complaining!

Rhapsody on a shaky ride? No way!

And I wouldn't have gotten my hopes up for something like New Age Messiah anyway - that was a number of years ago and simply a B-side anyway!
Rhapsody of Fire's recent album doesn't fit them imo. If they are trying to be more dark then it's not epic enough. The songs were too short and Alex seems to have tone down on his drums set than what he had before, in other words, it's very one-sided now. Luca thinks he can go from fantasy power to progressive elements with his guitar playing then he is not the right guitar player to do that. Two songs reminds of each other and the pitch scream by Fabio Lione annoys me when he use it too much. Therefore, I think they have become a little lazy these days when it's the other way for other bands like Týr (much better than before and Northern Star was their best effort in a long time and now The Lay Of Thrym is their masterpiece so far and I'm very excited for Celesty's and Ensiferum's new album).

As for Edguy I hope I'm wrong but I didn't like the recent Avantasia (Scarecrow~Angel Of Babylon) so I'm afraid I don't will like Age of Joker either.

Limited-edition bonus disc track listing:

01. God Fallen Silent
02. Aleister Crowley Memorial Boogie
03. Cum On Feel The Noize (SLADE cover)
04. Standing In The Rain
05. Robin Hood (single version)
06. Two Out Of Seven (single version)

Definitely getting that special edition, but I can't say I was impressed by the samples.

Good chorus on Robin Hood sample. Could maybe have sounded excellent an octave up? Nobody's Hero seems kind of boring. Rock of Cashel is quite interesting, an almost folky approach in places. Quite nice riffing. Pandora's Box is fairly middle of the road. But from these samples, it's fair to say I'll probably like it more than their previous effort.

Yeah, I'm trying not to judge it too much based on the samples, especially after the complete 180 I did with Rhapsody's new album (those samples frightened me) but I dunno. Tobi's wild shout/yell approach to singing is really hit or miss with me, so I'm praying for something good. I really want to hear a sample of Behind The Gates To Midnight World though.

I'm sorry to say this but those samples on their site were sleep pillers to me. I'm rather disappointed.

Hopefully it's better than those 20 seconds I heard. I will wait to order the 2CD digibook without autographs. I already have enough of signed Edguy CD's from the time when they were really good. Doesn't need a signed Age of Joker yet. Only on masterpieces I collect autographs and so far Age of Joker sounds only good right now.

No UK dates on the tour, which makes me a sad panda.

Is that 'fo sho? In the Interview I scanned and linked to earlier on in this thread, Tobi says they'll do "Probably five or six club dates in November or December". Not that I'm saying it makes it a sure thing, just that I'm under the impression it's only a matter of time before they announce a UK tour.