Edguy!!!

Mexus

Jul 18, 2002
Cologne,Germoney
Visit site
Hi!

What`s your opinion about Edguy`s "Theatre of salvation" - album
and their music in general?
First of all, I love them because they make honest power metal with great melody lines,cool orchestration sections and mighty riffs. Edguy`s band members are crazy kiddies :p ,which has a huge effect on their music (meant in a positive way).
Nevertheless, Edguy sound sometimes like an Iron Maiden clone because Tobias`s voice resembles Bruce`s one in some songs.

nonetheless, Edguy :headbang:

Hi Mexus ;) I particulary like more Savage Poetry and Vain Glory Opera.. I think these CDs have alot of feeling and yeah Tobias make very good vocal lines... another powermetal band that I found very melodic and very cool is Sonata Arctica :headbang:

Hmmmz, I thought this was a Symphony X forum ???

But anyway, I like Edguy. Not fanaticly, but they have make some cool music. I've seen them live once (as replacement for SympX :() and I guess they were ok. They are great entertainers for sure. It was raining and the singer was singing something with the audience to make it stop :) (It worked eventually) Thought that was pretty funny, so. About their music, well, not bad but there are better bands out there (imho).
I've seen some metalmagazins review them and they said it sounded 'Dull and boring' Ragh, I hate it when people write such things. All the effort that all those bandmembers do to make their music and it just gets torn down by some one who only listened to their cds like one time or so. I saw the same thing with At Vance, that guitarist can make some really GREAT solos and neo-classical pieces, but still it gets classified under boring and effortless and whatnot...

Originally posted by Mexus
Hi!

What`s your opinion about Edguy`s "Theatre of salvation" - album
and their music in general?
First of all, I love them because they make honest power metal with great melody lines,cool orchestration sections and mighty riffs. Edguy`s band members are crazy kiddies :p ,which has a huge effect on their music (meant in a positive way).
Nevertheless, Edguy sound sometimes like an Iron Maiden clone because Tobias`s voice resembles Bruce`s one in some songs.

nonetheless, Edguy :headbang:
I think they do power metal that has been done much better by other bands...

I love Edguy, & also Tobias' other project, Avantasia (can't wait for the release of part 2 next month!)..I'm VERY much looking forward to seeing Edguy at ProgPower in November!

I only have Tears of a Mandrake. Its alright, I think the title track is pretty cool, so is Golden Dawn, but nothing really amazing stands out about them. It will be cool to see them at Progpower anyway (going on right before BLIND FUCKING GUARDIAN!!!!).

Originally posted by Lady of the Oracle
I'm VERY much looking forward to seeing Edguy at ProgPower in November!
Ya Lucky Gringos hehe :lol: j/k ;)
anyways... the lineup for PP this year is more Power than Prog :p
Btw.. I didnt know that New Avantasia is Coming this next Month! thanx for the news! :D

Hi dude!I posted the wrong link! Watch "Going into detail!" There you`ll find a relation between SX and Robin Hood! :eek:
Ahhhh.. ok :D Haven't heard that song/soundtrack of Robin hood.. if I see/hear it will let u know What I think ;)

Mel Brook`s film makes fun of Robin hood films! The film is called "Men in ties".
I still haven't read this robin hood related thing in the other thread, but what can i say is that i saw this movie some years ago at the cinema and it was friggin' funny!!!! LOL! :D
The funniest thing was the blind friend of robin "reading" Playboy written in braille language! mouhahahha!!!! :devil:
And a lot of other stupid things of course ;) hehe!

Ok X-Greets as always!
Knight_