edirol monitors?

mot666

May 20, 2010
went into my local today and asked about monitors, appart from the thousands of dollars for the ones they had setup in the shop they didnt have any in store. they showed me some pictures of some edirols.

any good? i'd be using them for recording, playing music/games/dvds and stuff like that, in a small bedroom. they're $400aus. was thinking about going the $600 one... if its worth the cash. i know shit is way expensive here in aus...

there were cheaper, but the guy in the shop said id have to at least get the 400 dollar ones for the sort of music im into(bass response and all that jazz)

if not i might look into some maudios... ive got a few of their products and im pretty happy with them so far. i know yamahas are popular here but the guy in the shop said they were more like 600 bucks... and they arent yamaha dealers.

i actually feel let down by my local music stores... :err:

my first pair of monitors were some $100 dollar pair of tiny edirols. they sucked but i couldnt expect much more, and i doubt the pair i used represent the entire edirol product line. so i cant say much, what particular model are you looking at/what speaker size?

however, i bought a pair of m-audio bx8's and for what i paid for them they are great.

your best bet is to demo them in store, see how u like them. listen to something ur familiar with on them

I know the ones your talking about, they're absolutely heinous you have to have the bass dial off to represent anywhere near a regular bass response, it just adds all this low mid garbage. Your honestly better off spending a little bit more on some KRK rockits or Mackie MR5s

tim- im pretty sure they were ma-15ds.

cheers for that tempe. i know that i cant expect the world from cheaper monitors, but for that much you'd expect to get something that didnt suck balls wouldn't you? i thought roland made good stuff?